Street uni with Twenty-G tire

Old November 3rd 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Default Street uni with Twenty-G tire

Hey, I ordered a twenty-G tire for my splined freestyle/street uni thing
and its pretty cool. It is just like a smooth trials tire but its a
little taller. When I first got it I discovered my Bedford and Summit
frames were both too small (not enough clearance on top) so I rode it
with my muni frame for a little bit.
I remembered a few days ago about an old trials frame Evan made me so I
put it on and it fit. It was really ugly before and covered in rust so
I just got done painting it and I put it all together.
The parts a
Koxx hub and crankset (110mm)
Odyssey 7ka rim
Twenty-G tire
Torker LX pedals
Evan's frame
Right now I have a Torker DX seat on it but it is Cody's so I will have
to give it back.

Here are some pics...

[image:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../_MG_1402.jpg]
[image:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../_MG_1399.jpg]
[image:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../_MG_1401.jpg]
[image:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../_MG_1398.jpg]

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
Me wrote:
Evan is mean.

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old November 3rd 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I think it's becuase the seat is uber fat and the frame has a long(ish)
seat tube.

--
mornish

dan de man wrote:
this game is worse that playing Rock Paper Sissors on an internet forum

tugboat wrote:
Hopping over a 7 set rail... I made it over and and cleared the set, but
the impact apparently wasn't good for the wheel...

Old November 3rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Its exactly 2.5" wide. And much taller than a trials tire let alone that
a trials tires height is added to by the knobs. The tires has a ton of
air in it too so its supa bounce.

Also, that frame is going to snap, I need to make a new one.

--
Evan Byrne

'The future of bc wheeling is in this link.'
(http://tinyurl.com/ympnn2)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its finnished.
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old November 3rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
max_pfeifer

how is it when it comes to riding? i'm sure the short cranks make it
difficult to control such a big heavy tyre.

--
max_pfeifer

TheoELind wrote:
If you can't get over the hate in one puny internet thread on a
unicycling site, then you will never hack it out in the "real world"
where crack smoking bumbs throw rocks at you while you're practicing
your 360 unispin.

max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

Old November 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

Is that a 19" tyre? I might get one of them if it is.

--
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

dudewithasock wrote:
Yeah, and they have more estrogen than me, too. Now *that* takes guts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridemymuni
hey evan i've got the same blue nipples as you !!!!!
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978

Old November 3rd 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

Yes. That's how street unis should be. I've always thought that street
unis should be a thing of their own, not just a replicant of trials
unis. For street riding to really become something of its own and not
overshadowed by trials, then the unis themselves should become
specialized.

Quite a few people say that 'street will never get big unless real
street unis emerge'. And I have to say I agree. In future, people
should start experimenting like Spencer did, by building up a super
strong 20" wheelset, comprised of a top end BMX rim, and a decent 20"
BMX tyre such as a 20x2.35 or 2.4 slick tyre. The frames should too be
made specific to street, such as been relatively narrow to fit
perfectly around a BMX tyre, and a decent strong steel designed frame.

This should give street unis a smoother riding feel due to the slightly
narrower tyre and a slightly larger diamater rim. Trials unis should be
and are based off trials bikes, whilst street unis should really be
based off BMXs (ie, street-specific steel frames with 20" BMX rims and
slick BMX tyres).

Some people are gonna disagree with me, saying that trials unis allow
them to do both street and trials.. But, hey, if these 'real' street
unis really develop as a popular thing, then they are more than likely
to improve street riding. It's just like using a typical 24" commuter
uni for both urban cycling and muni-ing, and obviously when you develop
something more specialized, in this case, a municycle, then everything
can improve from there onwards.

I say, why not give it a go? It's about time street riding got it's own
special type of uni.

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

Hodges trials video soon..

unispins in 5 minutes! Someone tell me how to crankflip now
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Old November 3rd 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe wrote:
Is that a 19" tyre? I might get one of them if it is.

Its 20", No one would make a slight mod tire.

Old November 3rd 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UNIquelyCanadian

Nice!

A bit more about the Twenty-g:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32649

--
UNIquelyCanadian

~Cameron
New Photos: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

“When someone tells you there is no such thing as truth, they are
asking you not to believe them. So don’t.”
- Dr. Roger Scruton
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old November 3rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

I like the way you'r thinkin sponge. A street uni should consist of the
folowing
-Fat ass slick tyre
-strong frame with long neck seat tube that's reiforced
-Short cranks
-Stonger bearing housings
-wide pedals
add on people

Old November 3rd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe wrote:
-strong frame with long neck seat tube that's reiforced

alot of street riders(or at least some) have they're seats really
really low(like within an inch of the seatclamp low). Look at Kevin M.
He rides with his seat so low...

for people who don't do that a long seattube would be desirable though.

--
mornish