Car ban during heat wave

Old July 4th 18, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Car ban during heat wave

On 04/07/2018 14:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 17:50:00 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Simon: As far as cycling arseholes go you are not the biggest, but
why did you ask your silly question?

Dunno - as a mental health patient I am now in receipt of £400 pm in
PIP and our lass gets a carer's allowance - result!

That is not a result.
And I'm sorry to hear this.
What went wrong?

but with that enormous pension pot why would he need more of the
taxpayer's money?
Old July 4th 18, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, 4 July 2018 20:51:20 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Nothing.
I was sectioned for 28 days after going to the Humber Bridge on
28MAY18, let out and now am paid money not to go again.

Nothing????!!!!
You were sectioned and you say nothing went wrong?

Let's just say it was interesting, but all you have to do is be a good boy, eat your meals, take your happy pills, don't swear and they let you go home for 2 hrs, then 6 hours, then overnight and eventually forever. Piece of cake, really as it could have been a 6 month Section 3.

I've had free prescriptions for 6 years.
There is nothing good about getting old.

I am selling my house and buying a motorhome to bum around Europe all summer in 2019 like the Dutch do. Cheap diesel, wine and food. Life is good.

Old July 5th 18, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 05/07/2018 08:51, wrote:
On Thursday, 5 July 2018 08:15:33 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 04/07/2018 22:06,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 July 2018 20:51:20 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Nothing.
I was sectioned for 28 days after going to the Humber Bridge on
28MAY18, let out and now am paid money not to go again.

Nothing????!!!!
You were sectioned and you say nothing went wrong?

Let's just say it was interesting, but all you have to do is be a good boy, eat your meals, take your happy pills, don't swear and they let you go home for 2 hrs, then 6 hours, then overnight and eventually forever. Piece of cake, really as it could have been a 6 month Section 3.

I've had free prescriptions for 6 years.
There is nothing good about getting old.

I am selling my house and buying a motorhome to bum around Europe all summer in 2019 like the Dutch do. Cheap diesel, wine and food. Life is good.

Sounds like a great idea and I hope you have a great time, but what are
you gonna do and where are you going to live when the money runs out?

--
Bod

I am downsizing to a smaller house and my money will never run out since I have a pension pot which is indexed linked for life and in 6 years I get my state pension.

Nice one and enjoy your touring.

--
Bod
Old July 5th 18, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:
[...]

But don't expect tremendously cheap diesel in NL. Perhaps you were
thinking of Luxembourg.

Old July 5th 18, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 04/07/18 04:49, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
On 03/07/2018 14:53, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 13:36:18 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 09:03:10 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/07/18 00:01, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 6:40:55 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 30/06/18 18:53, Simon Jester wrote:

Cars typically put out 60 kw of heat. Even on the rare
occasions motorists stop at red lights they are still emitting
5 kw on idle. Do we really need all this unnecessary heat?

60kW is on the high side. But that's just mechanical energy
(which eventually turns to heat). The total heat output from
burning the fuel is three times that.

All a cars energy comes from burning fuel and all energy becomes
heat.

Indeed. So values are 120kW (3x30, not 3x60) running and 15kW
(3x5) idling.

Police are now offering a free car ventilation service!
I am sure M'lud Nuglet would say that this is "criminal damage" in
Nugentworld.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hot-cars.html

As a cyclist, if a car driver endangers MY life, can I use a D lock
to smash HIS window?

Only a silly cyclist would ask that sort of silly question.

Well he did try to jump through a lorry windscreen, so obviously the
balance of his mind is deeply disturbed.

Yes he did do that. And for some very strange reason he told us all about
it. Seems that I actually got a mention in his book............. flattered
I'm sure.
Simon: As far as cycling arseholes go you are not the biggest, but why did
you ask your silly question?

I take great pleasure in being labelled the biggest arsehole by YOU.
Old July 5th 18, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Thu, 05 Jul 2018 09:58:42 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

wrote:

Nothing.
I was sectioned for 28 days after going to the Humber Bridge on
28MAY18, let out and now am paid money not to go again.

Nothing????!!!!
You were sectioned and you say nothing went wrong?

Let's just say it was interesting, but all you have to do is be a
good boy, eat your meals, take your happy pills, don't swear and
they let you go home for 2 hrs, then 6 hours, then overnight and
eventually forever. Piece of cake, really as it could have been a
6 month Section 3.

I've had free prescriptions for 6 years.
There is nothing good about getting old.

I am selling my house and buying a motorhome to bum around Europe
all summer in 2019 like the Dutch do. Cheap diesel, wine and food.
Life is good.

No cycling?

Sounds like a great idea and I hope you have a great time, but what
are you gonna do and where are you going to live when the money
runs out?

--
Bod

I am downsizing to a smaller house and my money will never run out
since I have a pension pot which is indexed linked for life and in 6
years I get my state pension.

Nice one and enjoy your touring.

But don't expect tremendously cheap diesel in NL. Perhaps you were
thinking of Luxembourg.

OFF TOPIC!

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

'...a honk and a wave!...' Hell and High Water General 7 October 14th 05 07:06 AM
WTK Value of Rans Wave? Tracer Recumbent Biking 2 August 13th 05 03:09 AM
We're having a heat wave Maggie General 7 February 26th 05 07:50 AM
A friendly wave Chalo General 137 August 30th 04 01:53 AM
Wave if you see this man Not me, someone else UK 2 July 18th 03 12:13 AM