The Giro sucks without Chris Horner - he is the only cyclist in theworld that could counter Contrador.

Old May 20th 11, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default The Giro sucks without Chris Horner - he is the only cyclist in theworld that could counter Contrador.

Maybe Chris could ride back and forth between the Giro and the Bike
Ride of California as fast as his ego lets him ?
Old May 21st 11, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 20, 11:15*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

Maybe Chris could ride back and forth between the Giro and the Bike
Ride of California as fast as his ego lets him ?

The difference between Horner's ego and yours is that you would think
you could shuttle between the races by running on water. ~

RBR resident Chris Horner fanboi
Old May 21st 11, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

C'mon, he didn't say he could counter AC, he said AC was the only guy
who could drop him. IOW, he couldn't stay with AC either, but he
could stay with everyone else. I think he's also talking about his
current form, btw, and not declaring he's the second best climber in
pro cycling.

Given how he rode LL, TD, and AS off his wheel, I'd say he may be
right (for now).

Even if he's not right, I'm gonna cut him some slack. He's earned it.

Old May 22nd 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Yo, Anton...

Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

Old May 22nd 11, 11:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

On 05/22/11 04:55, Scott wrote:
Yo, Anton...
Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

Quite appropriate; two baldies winning on Mt Baldy.

Horner and Leipheimer looked good yesterday but I wonder how many other
riders were peaking this early if their main aim is the TDF.

Old May 22nd 11, 01:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On May 22, 6:46*am, Simply Fred wrote:
Horner and Leipheimer looked good yesterday but I wonder how many other
riders were peaking this early if their main aim is the TDF.

By this time last year, Contador had already won three one week stage
races and got on the podium for one spring classic.

Maybe there's something to riding to win some of these earlier races
for TdF contenders.

Old May 22nd 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On May 21, 9:55*pm, Scott wrote:
Yo, Anton...

Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

I haven't been watching the bike ride in California. There's a race
in Italy going on.
Old May 22nd 11, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 22, 11:03*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
On May 21, 9:55*pm, Scott wrote:

Yo, Anton...

Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

I haven't been watching the bike ride in California. * *There's a race
in Italy going on.

I thought foregone conclusions didn't qualify to be included in the
'race' category.

Old May 23rd 11, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On May 21, 9:55*pm, Scott wrote:

Yo, Anton...

Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

I haven't been watching the bike ride in California. * *There's a race
in Italy going on.

I thought foregone conclusions didn't qualify to be included in the
'race' category.

It's not a foregone conclusion... AC himself keeps reminding us of
that!