Enough is enough

Old September 19th 19, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

Default Enough is enough

On 19/09/2019 05:36, Bret Cahill wrote:

Tax ugly.

Nice sentiment, but "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" .

Old September 19th 19, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 5:36:35 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill
wrote:
We have a great road network, unfortunately it is infested with
cars.

Even places with plenty of cheap flat land for emergency lanes
and/or bike lanes look more scenic with fewer motor vehicles.

Any infant knows this. A baby will see a passing cyclist and his
head will lock onto the movement with the smoothness of an hydraulic
actuator. A baby will rarely do this with a motor vehicle.

This point needs to be emphasized more as the beauty of cycling and
cyclists isn't a minor luxury to be occasionally enjoyed by the
general public.

It's a basic human right for everyone. Thomas Paine would have
included cycling in _Rights of Man_ if bicycles had been invented
back then.

I suggest we stop issuing any more driving licences. New drivers
can put their name on a waiting list until a current licence holder
dies or surrenders their licence for medical reasons or gets
disqualified for criminal activity such as speeding.

Start off taxing carbon. Then start taxing footprint area occupied
by a vehicle. Then start taxing rubber . . .

In the UK we do tax carbon, it's called VED. Some, incredibly stupid,
people call it Road Tax even though the road fund was abolished in
1936. Their belief in the mythical god Road Tax allows them to
assuage their guilt when they put cyclists in danger.

**** poor troll from a dickhead.

Old September 19th 19, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
[...]

Is 'Dickhead and his pet Troll' one of your new circus colleagues?

Old September 20th 19, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming fro YOU.
Now please vomit in my direction the further great honour of being
grimy, squalid, nasty and profane.
After all I ride a bicycle, a most delightful economical convenient
viable means of transport.
Old September 22nd 19, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 15/09/2019 00:39, Simon Jester wrote:

We have a great road network, unfortunately it is infested with
cars. I suggest we stop issuing any more driving licences. New
drivers can put their name on a waiting list until a current licence
holder dies or surrenders their licence for medical reasons or gets
disqualified for criminal activity such as speeding.

Just reduce the flow of money from tax payers in the south-east to
freeloaders in Preston.