who's the shortest person to avidly ride a coker?

Old February 27th 07, 09:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default who's the shortest person to avidly ride a coker?

peter.bier wrote:
My money is on George Barnes aka GB4. He is the tallest coker rider I
know of. Photos of him on a coker look suspiciously like he is riding
a 29er :-)

pic?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old February 27th 07, 09:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

You have to also include what crank length you're using. When my son was
4'11" he was very comfortable on a Coker, but that was with 125mm
cranks. With 152mm his hips wobbled - it was too tall to be comforable.
Here's the album of photos from his first ride to school:
http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1076794 - it almost looks like he
has 152mm in the photos though. That second shot is on a 16% descent.

Anyway, it's a large difference switching crank lengths!

Depending on your actual leg length, you need to be around 5 feet tall,
plus or minus an inch or two. You could always do what Sem did on this
73" cycle: add blocks to reach the pedals:
http://www.unicycling.org/btdt/unique.html

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old February 27th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

nathan wrote:
Here's the album of photos from his first ride to school:
http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1076794 - it almost looks like he
has 152mm in the photos though. That second shot is on a 16% descent.

---Nathan

Wow, you both look so young

--
GizmoDuck

Just for fun, let's spam this thread:
http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopicp-1203464.html#1203464

Old February 27th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
spokes

I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam.I think I can handle a 36" wheel.Now it's
deciding on which one. I'm thinking about the Nimbus with 150 cranks.
Any suggestions.

--
spokes
spokes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14360

Old February 27th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

im roughly about 5'5" or 6", either way.

i have the nimbus with 150 and am loving it. i would like shorter
cranks better probably, but i live in a VERY hilly area so its pretty
intense and i need the longer cranks.

having said that there is only 1mm of seatpost showing above the
seatpost clamp on the frame, i was really cutting it fine but yes.

i really enjoy the nimbus and you will too !

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old February 27th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo_h

plumsie wrote:

Despite his size, Roger is an avid coker rider, if he can ride one,
almost anyone can.

I'm glad you said this, i'm about 5'4" an i'm lookin into getting into
cokering (sp) although i think is pete right, the mount is the hardest
part.

leo

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
leo_h's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11829

Old February 27th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

Louise who is only 5'1"? or 5'0"? just got a Nimbus. Her thing with
Cokers was that she really wanted to use 150mm cranks but never could
reach the with her old stock Coker. By cutting down the seat-tube a
fair amount (over an inch), she now rides very comfortably with 150mm
cranks. She took it out on its first ride on Sunday with us and just
loved it. So that's always a possibility too.

---Nathan

Old February 27th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

nathan wrote:
You have to also include what crank length you're using. When my son was
4'11" he was very comfortable on a Coker, but that was with 125mm
cranks. With 152mm his hips wobbled - it was too tall to be comforable.
Here's the album of photos from his first ride to school:
http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1076794 - it almost looks like he
has 152mm in the photos though. That second shot is on a 16% descent.

Anyway, it's a large difference switching crank lengths!

Depending on your actual leg length, you need to be around 5 feet tall,
plus or minus an inch or two. You could always do what Sem did on this
73" cycle: add blocks to reach the pedals:
http://www.unicycling.org/btdt/unique.html

---Nathan

im jealous! first off that uni, its pretty. But, really you guys get to
go to school at 8 oclock wherever you are? I have to be up at 6

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

"Darwin was once of the greatest minds of our time!...Then why is he
making out with Satan?" ~The Simpsons

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down...this should be every boy's
dream!"~Bart Simpson
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072