Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Old February 4th 08, 10:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle
kanangara[_20_]

Default Sheldon-Brown-RIP

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

--
kanangara

Old February 4th 08, 10:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100
kanangara wrote:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

You said it. Bugger.

Funny, informative, passionate, he was a fine man.

Zebee
Old February 5th 08, 12:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Harry 'Snapper' Organ

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
greyhound has just had a triple bypass.

Perhaps Gough Whitlam was right when he said, "I get enough exercise
attending the funerals of all those who do."

I guess I am at the age when you read the obitary column and realise
they are all your comtemporaries.

As you say, "bugger"

Regards
Harold

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius
Old February 5th 08, 12:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

kanangara wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

You said it. Bugger.

Funny, informative, passionate, he was a fine man.

Zebee

He'll be sorely missed. I'm saddened to hear the news.
Old February 5th 08, 01:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Harry 'Snapper' Organ wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
greyhound has just had a triple bypass.

Perhaps Gough Whitlam was right when he said, "I get enough exercise
attending the funerals of all those who do."

I guess I am at the age when you read the obitary column and realise
they are all your comtemporaries.

As you say, "bugger"

Regards
Harold

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius

I seem to remember that he had developed MS. Not sure of the connection
to a heart attack.

But certainly concur with "bugger", his web pages were amongst the most
useful that I have come across, not to mention his April 1 spoofs.
--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old February 5th 08, 01:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Harry 'Snapper' Organ wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

I had heard that Sheldon had been off the bike for some time due to some
sort of nerve disease. He had been unable to move around easily for some
time I believe.
Old February 5th 08, 01:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Elmo[_2_]

kanangara wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

If there was a knighthood for services to cycling Sheldon would
certainly be Sir Sheldon.

Thanks Sheldon for your time spent with us.
Old February 5th 08, 01:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Artoi

In article ,
Harry 'Snapper' Organ wrote:

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
greyhound has just had a triple bypass.

Perhaps Gough Whitlam was right when he said, "I get enough exercise
attending the funerals of all those who do."

I guess I am at the age when you read the obitary column and realise
they are all your comtemporaries.

As you say, "bugger"

Exercise is just one parameter of long life. Gene and luck also have a
major contribution in that equation.

In any case, SheldonB did not have good health as he suffered from MS
for quite a while.
Old February 5th 08, 02:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_596_]

A inspirational bloke, always had the time and patience to share his
vast knowledge and expertise. The cycling community has lost a great
personality.

We'll charge a glass or two tonight in his honour.

--
cfsmtb

Old February 5th 08, 02:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_597_]

Bean Long Wrote:

I had heard that Sheldon had been off the bike for some time due to
some
sort of nerve disease. He had been unable to move around easily for
some
time I believe.

Read his health journal:
http://sheldonbrown.com/org/journal/health.html

--
cfsmtb

RIP Sheldon Brown mark General 3 February 11th 08 11:47 PM
Sheldon Brown Kenny General 40 November 14th 06 04:28 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 96 October 10th 03 10:31 PM
Sheldon Brown Simonb UK 16 October 3rd 03 12:02 PM