There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

Old February 21st 11, 06:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

On 21/02/2011 9:19 PM, Tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 21/02/2011 10:23 AM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 10:28 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:32 PM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:19 PM, Tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 20/02/2011 9:06 AM, Rob wrote:
Owen wrote:

I currently have a Shimano which is broken and bent. I'll probably
drop by Maroubra Cyclery later on this week to get a Suntour 7-speed
derailleur. I think they are $40 a pop so that's good value. Might
replace the front derailleur as well.

If the front derailleur is working OK, DO NOT REPLACE IT.
I'm still using a 30 year old Suntour Cyclone front der on one bike.
It's good as possible!

Nah, I stuffed the front derailluer on the way to Wollongong during the
Sydney-to-Gong ride, so I'm afraid it will probably have to go. I could
bang it back into shape I suppose - it is quite a nice pretty derailleur
actually.

Hm, must get a flickr account one of these days to show some pics of
what I am talking about.

Old February 22nd 11, 12:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 22/02/2011 4:09 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

I am rather green where trials bikes are concerned so maybe a bit of
reading on my part would not go astray. I'll ask me mate, Google

get an education then I could just see you doing this as an extra to
improve you bike skills what's more you don't have to wear your lycra or
beat the other bloke across Anzac bridge.. you maybe able to ride over
it :0(

two sizes
20"
http://vimeo.com/8661667
26"
http://vimeo.com/7038454
http://vimeo.com/6876750 canberra worlds.
http://vimeo.com/7020692

Point are lost for putting foot down etc max 5 points loss. Thats where
you see the fingers up and counting.

Many more videos on the net.
Old February 22nd 11, 06:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 22/02/2011 10:55 AM, Rob wrote:
On 22/02/2011 4:09 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

I am rather green where trials bikes are concerned so maybe a bit of
reading on my part would not go astray. I'll ask me mate, Google

get an education then I could just see you doing this as an extra to
improve you bike skills what's more you don't have to wear your lycra or
beat the other bloke across Anzac bridge.. you maybe able to ride over
it :0(

Bloody hell! I feel a bit stoopid now. Just after I posted the question
on trials bike being a time trials bike, I did a google and what do I
find? Danny MacAskill rides a trials bike I knew that all along, of
cos says he who is clueless to start with

But having said that, I can't see how a derailleur from a trials bike
will fit on a road bike. Thinking back to MacAskill, I'd rather have
his rear hub gearing system(?) Let me educate myself on trials and
maybe I'll ask more intelligent questions on this subject, ok?

If I could ride like MacAskill, I probably would have no problems riding
over the ANZAC bridge - the cables look thick enough to balance a bike
on Of cos, the fact that I still CAN'T do a trackstand will mean I
better have me cossies and a parachute on, just in case, as it is a
looooongggg way from the bridge to the water below )

two sizes
20"
http://vimeo.com/8661667
26"
http://vimeo.com/7038454
http://vimeo.com/6876750 canberra worlds.
http://vimeo.com/7020692

Point are lost for putting foot down etc max 5 points loss. Thats where
you see the fingers up and counting.

Many more videos on the net.

Noticed the shinguards being used during the Onza Limey3 vid. At first,
I thought they were socks until I noticed they were too funky for socks.

I guess this kinda riding means lotsa barked shins during practice, eh?

Are you in any of them videos - as a rider, I mean?
Old February 22nd 11, 07:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 22/02/2011 4:10 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
[...]

My son is - at the Canberra Nationals.

Ill throw up a couple of images on a web site and see if I can find how
the derailleur is used. It does not hang down it very close to the rear
tube. You have to hold out the slack in the chain. Not forgetting that
the gears are small almost 1:1 ratio so the chain is close as well.

I think whats on his bike now are Hope Hubs these have a course ratchet
arrangement.

good tyre levers? bugbear UK 22 November 10th 06 11:14 AM
From Shimano Sora levers to 105 levers or Campy Mirage levers? none Techniques 32 September 3rd 05 12:50 PM
Plastic tyre levers... Simon Mason UK 30 June 30th 04 06:20 AM
Tyre failure example (with an aside on tyre liners) Andrew Webster Techniques 16 December 12th 03 04:59 AM
Tyre failure and tyre liners Andrew Webster Techniques 5 December 4th 03 09:26 PM