(UK): Peaks Muni Trip 2: Early Midlife Crisis 19th-21st September 2008

Old September 17th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ian.stockwell

Default (UK): Peaks Muni Trip 2: Early Midlife Crisis 19th-21st September 2008

joemarshall wrote:
we can work out how to get back to Edale once we get to the pub.

Joe

That sounds dangerous

--
ian.stockwell

All generalisations are dangerous, even this one.
Old September 18th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

I hope the act of asking won't break the weather, but:

...would anyone fancy a barbecue on Friday or Saturday evening?

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
Old September 18th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

Phil you nutter. Ssssh.

BBQ might be a good idea, although now you've said it, I haven't got
high hopes for the weather!

There are at least 3 veggies coming - although none of them are
particularly fussy veggies, and I'd guess all would be cool with some
kind of fire burnt vegetarian doodad.

I've only organised in usual joe organisation fashion, so bbq might be
a good idea if the weather is good. Maybe if you bring along some kind
of fire / bbq thing, then we can work out from there. If you're
thinking disposable BBQ, probably worth finding a couple of bricks to
put it on, campsites often don't like them being used on the grass.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new
pics' (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old September 18th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnhimsworth

We won't be there till about 9 on friday so if a BBQ is to be had,
saturday would suit me better. Did I also see those with cars/boot
space volunteering to bring the BBQs? Excellent.

Anyone know how late the pub there serves food?

*my girlfriend insisted on coming - I've warned her it'll mean a
weekend with a bunch of wierdos but that doesn't seem to have put her
off.

--
johnhimsworth

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience.
Old September 18th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

johnhimsworth wrote:

*my girlfriend insisted on coming - I've warned her it'll mean a
weekend with a bunch of wierdos but that doesn't seem to have put her
off.

It's like telling a small child not to touch a fire because it's hot.
They won't beleive you until they get their fingers burnt! But don't
worry, I'm sure by the end of the weekend she will have learned her
lesson!

Anyway, I have bbq coal and fire lighters somewhere in my garage, but
no bbq. So I'll bring the coal, and a couple of sausages with me for
Saturday night, as long as someone else has the bbq to put them in.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 18th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

I'll bring our barbecue. It is from the future - it has no need of lowly
things like charcoal.

If I remember rightly last time Tue and I turned up well after dark but
still managed to get something to eat in the pub. That was three years
ago, mind...

Old September 18th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gadge

phil wrote:
I'll bring our barbecue. It is from the future - it has no need of lowly
things like charcoal.

Write out 100 times - "real barbeques use charcoal - it's the future!"

Have a great weekend guys, maybe by next year I'll be good enough to
only be a couple of miles behind. Looks like the weather may smile on
you. Fingers crossed.

I'll be down South watching old cars drive round a race track or I'd be
jealous.

--
Gadge

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
(Thanks to Harper)

So are imaginary logs what you ride on a Mun"i" ?
Old September 18th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

Gadge wrote:
Write out 100 times - "real barbeques use charcoal - it's the future!"

Yebbut this way I can be cooking things instantly rather than in four
hours, the heat lasts more than ten minutes and you can do chicken
without spending the rest of the night on the loo with food
poisoning...

Old September 19th 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

BBQ sounds like a good plan Phil. I'm going for the (Joe Marshall
inspired) can't-be-bothered-to-cook lightweight approach, so a
heat-source in addition to the pub fayre would be cool.

I should get there (Edale station) at 1802 tonight.

John: not only is she coming to a muni weekend, but today is Talk Like
a Pirate day. Y'arr, we all knows what them scurvy unicyclists be
like, g'harr!

Sam

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
Old September 19th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Mmmm... I know what I want on my bbq;
http://tinyurl.com/3ks4ce
they're available locally too!