Law must change to tackle reckless cyclists, says widower of KimBriggs killed in crash with illegal bike

Old August 24th 17, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Law must change to tackle reckless cyclists, says widower of KimBriggs killed in crash with illegal bike

Matt Briggs, 45, said the law had to be changed to deal with the growing
menace of “reckless” cyclists and those who choose to ride “potentially
lethal” bikes without front brakes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3618976.html
Old August 24th 17, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 20:50:15 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Matt Briggs, 45, said the law had to be changed to deal with the growing
menace of reckless cyclists and those who choose to ride potentially
lethal bikes without front brakes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3618976.html

"convicted of wanton and furious driving" - so a law already exists.

You felt someone wanted to hear more of your usual sociopathic bull****,
Birdbrain?

--
Sociopath Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
understanding of the law:
Old August 24th 17, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:59:49 +0100, Bod wrote:

Matt Briggs, 45, said the law had to be changed to deal with the growing
menace of “reckless” cyclists and those who choose to ride “potentially
lethal” bikes without front brakes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3618976.html

"convicted of wanton and furious driving" - so a law already exists.

I think most people accept that wanton and furious driving is a stupid
law, certainly stupidly named at least, and it would be better to
have/use appropriate modern laws.
Old August 24th 17, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Bod wrote:

Matt Briggs, 45, said the law had to be changed to deal with the
growing menace of “reckless” cyclists and those who choose to ride
“potentially lethal” bikes without front brakes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3618976.html

That's silly - there are already perfectly adequate construction and use
regulations governing mechanical requirements. Also I'm not aware of
any problems caused by the use of the Offences Against the Person Act
WRT the injuries caused - it's the go-to legislation when dealing with
offences involving road vehicles that are not motor vehicles, and as
relevant today as it was when we were riding around in horse drawn
carriages. The problem is not lack of relevant laws, but low levels of
enforcement of those laws, combined with ignorance on the part of many
road users, both those on bicycles and those interacting with them.

Old August 24th 17, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Bod wrote:

Matt Briggs, 45, said the law had to be changed to deal with the
growing menace of “reckless” cyclists and those who choose to ride
“potentially lethal” bikes without front brakes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3618976.html

That's silly - there are already perfectly adequate construction and use
regulations governing mechanical requirements. Also I'm not aware of
any problems caused by the use of the Offences Against the Person Act
WRT the injuries caused - it's the go-to legislation when dealing with
offences involving road vehicles that are not motor vehicles, and as
relevant today as it was when we were riding around in horse drawn
carriages. The problem is not lack of relevant laws, but low levels of
enforcement of those laws, combined with ignorance on the part of many
road users, both those on bicycles and those interacting with them.

Amen to that last bit: on LBC yesterday a caller said that he had been
stopped by the Police for riding on a footway, he claimed that he told
the Policeman that it was OK as there no yellow lines, and apparently
the Policeman said he did not know that and let him carry on.
Old August 24th 17, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Bod wrote:

Matt Briggs, 45, said the law had to be changed to deal with the
growing menace of "reckless" cyclists and those who choose to ride
"potentially lethal" bikes without front brakes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3618976.html

That's silly - there are already perfectly adequate construction and
use regulations governing mechanical requirements. Also I'm not
aware of any problems caused by the use of the Offences Against the
Person Act WRT the injuries caused - it's the go-to legislation when
dealing with offences involving road vehicles that are not motor
vehicles, and as relevant today as it was when we were riding around
in horse drawn carriages. The problem is not lack of relevant laws,
but low levels of enforcement of those laws, combined with ignorance
on the part of many road users, both those on bicycles and those
interacting with them.

The most ignorant people on the roads are pedestrians. Roads are for
vehicles. Look both ways before crossing ffs!

You will have read this many times.
You are a prick.
Go get a job, a life and a woman Hucker.
Btw, Nat said that you stank.

Old August 24th 17, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:57:11 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Who cares what law is used? Why do we need countless laws for the same
thing? If you kill someone by doing something dangerous, does it matter
if it was a car, bicycle, mower, hedge trimmer, axe, biro, whatever?

Well peeped again, Birdbrain! BG

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL hilarious idiotic
drivel:
Old August 24th 17, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 22:26:40 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH sociopath's sociopathic BLATHER

--
Sociopath Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about his use of the
pronoun "its":
Old August 24th 17, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:58:00 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH idiot's BLATHER

Old August 24th 17, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 22:29:03 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You will have read this many times.
You are a prick.
Go get a job, a life and a woman Hucker.

Do that yourself, I've seen your wife.

Heed his advice and stop being a ridiculous ******, Hucker!

Btw, Nat said that you stank.

Nat lives in a council house with 4 kids, living on benefits scrounging
off your taxes. Her and her husband have never worked in their entire
life (except "cash in hand"), claiming 1.5K a month in benefits, tax
free. She is everything you hate.

So you don't deny that you STINK, like a true ****** does, Birdbrain? Are
you still wearing no underwear and wiping your ****-smeared arse in the
grass, sociopath?

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"I once took a dump behind some bushes and slid down a hill to wipe my