Go cycling to stop the spread of coronavirus

Old May 31st 20, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Go cycling to stop the spread of coronavirus

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 3:51:41 PM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
I READ an online article recently that was titled ‘A new normal’: how coronavirus will transform transport in Britain’s cities’.

The article talked about how cycling and walking are going to be the way forward in terms of transport in cities, starting with London.

This is because public transport doesn’t support social distancing, and if everyone were to start driving, the roads would be in gridlock.

This seemed to me, to be absolutely BRILLIANT news!

Not only will walking and cycling lessen the spread of the coronavirus, but it will also reduce pollution in cities, therefore helping to tackle the climate crisis!

Moreover, unlike flu, cold, SARS, CV-19 attacks the vascular system. Keeping blood pressure, cholesterol and other heart disease factors down gets you back on the street much faster.

I have had two ECGs in the past year and my heart was like a metronome, no doubt due to the fact that I cycled 25 miles a day to and from work from age 40-55. Never had colds or 'flu either.

Old May 31st 20, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 17:26 31 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

[...]

Did a bike fall trigger MdDS?
Old May 31st 20, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 6:44:53 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
[...]

No - it was a 14 hour trip on the Rotterdam - Hull ferry that caused my Mal de Debarquement Syndrome.

Whenever I rode to work, or drove a car, the symptoms went away.

Cycling in London could increase tenfold after coronavirus lockdown,TfL says Bod[_5_] UK 5 May 8th 20 01:42 PM
Cycling is booming during coronavirus – let’s keep it that way Simon Mason[_6_] UK 1 April 27th 20 08:00 PM
Cyclists caused the coronavirus Mike Collins UK 6 March 10th 20 11:31 AM
Coronavirus Mike Collins UK 7 March 1st 20 05:40 PM
How to stop cycling Matt O'Toole General 1 December 13th 06 02:48 AM