Catching flips in the air.

Old August 20th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
president_luke

Default Catching flips in the air.

I sometimes have trouble crankfliping things because i flip too fast.
Are you meant to catch it in the air like mike clark does in defect or
just flip slower?

--
president_luke
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

Old August 20th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zachjowi

this is off topic but can you ride on your stomach like in you avatar?

--
zachjowi
zachjowi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12534

Old August 20th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monkeyman

....you flip the cranks too fast doing a crankflip?

Oh, you poor, poor thing.

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

THE dave wrote:
walruses are awesome... they just chill with their tusks and stuff...

sobriquet wrote:
If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

Old August 20th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
juggle508

You can do them either way. I usally spin them kinda slow on bigger sets
just cause i haven't learned to catch them early that well. I think
catching them early has way better advantages.

KH.

--
juggle508

trey varial hickflip over an 8 set ummm... You really have to try
harder, i've done that down an 11 set. Sorry.
-Shaun Johanneson

-----Joshua 1:9------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old August 20th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skate4flip

I think it is much better to catch the flip early. It is much more
controlled. If you watch skateboarders (good ones) do flip tricks off
stuff, you will see the catch the flip trick way before they are even
close to the ground. The really good ones even catch the flip trick
while they are still *above* the obstacle they are jumping off of.

Although really slow flips look kind of cool if done right.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 8/17/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old August 20th 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pete66

I'm sure this has been spoken about at some point already but I'd like
to see someone do a doubleflip where they catch it early and flip it
again in the air... front to front, front to back, back to back, back
to front... what would you call that? Stutterflip?

--
pete66

irvinegr wrote:

fat kid:you look like an idiot
me: your fat.

pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old August 20th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
president_luke

I just learnt to catch my flips. It makes it so much easier and it looks
cooler. Now i can start working on a "flip late rev"

Old August 20th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jake_amos

pete66 wrote:
I'm sure this has been spoken about at some point already but I'd like
to see someone do a doubleflip where they catch it early and flip it
again in the air... front to front, front to back, back to back, back
to front... what would you call that? Stutterflip?

i like that idea what about switchflip or crankswitch?

--
jake_amos

Jerrick wrote:
Wow, this is the first time I have worn pants in about 4 months, it
feels so weird.

i am the eggman
add me
www.jakespants.blogspot.com
jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

Old August 20th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
swarbrim

president_luke wrote:
I just learnt to catch my flips. It makes it so much easier and it looks
cooler. Now i can start working on a "flip late rev"

Is it much harder? I have trouble with normals after I do a few
doubles. I flip them to fast after a while. Good luck with the rev
flips

Mike

--
swarbrim

Add me at

'i like things big' - Amanda

'ive got a pen in my ear, it feels funny' - Dustin Schaap
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old August 20th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unifreak7

hahaha This is rad. Finally people talking about two tricks in one jump.
that's rad. awesome

Stutterflip, wow pete66, I really like that idea, damn. Like crankflip
latecrankflip, shorted to flip/stutterflip.

Crankflip kickbackcrankflip, maybe like, flip underflip, that's
skateboarding too, so i don't know.

I really like stutterflip though, no sarcasim.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. It's really hard, hahaha.

--
unifreak7

Trying my best to impress. It seems that some people think that flips
are becoming "trick spam". I just think it's a way to make old school
easy street harder.
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

landed double flips dale_dale Unicycling 19 August 12th 06 12:06 AM
Commuting by Bike - Still not Catching On Here stratrider Recumbent Biking 22 August 9th 06 09:21 AM
Landed Double flips (video) swarbrim Unicycling 22 June 3rd 06 07:16 PM
Flips to grinds? KcTheAcy Unicycling 0 April 23rd 06 11:37 PM
crank flips? x1psh1x Unicycling 1 April 20th 06 03:50 AM