I have been blessed

Old June 16th 10, 01:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default I have been blessed

On Jun 16, 2:54 am, Larry wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-
Hammock" wrote in news:28d82d53-0e27-48ce-
:

Everything around me is a Christian desert, but I enjoy the bushy
Garden of Eden. The evil mosquitoes attack me, but I found the
solution. Those blood-suckers are as hard to fight as the Christians.

I live on the waterfront here in the South Carolina swamps of
Charleston. But, you can sit in my HOT (at the moment) yard and hardly
be bothered by biting insects.

About 40' up the big oak tree that dominates my front yard are four big
bathouses so stuffed with sleeping bats in the light of day there are
bats hanging out the bottom of the boxes sleeping attached to the bats
above by a toenail. How the bats halfway up the inside of the boxes
even breathe, much less tolerate the 106F heat under my oak tree before
the thunderstorms today, is another religious mystery.

At a few minutes before dusk, magic happens in my yard as hundreds of
tiny bats awaken, all at once, and drop out the open bottom of the
houses from the blackness inside to start another night of rounding up
every insect that dares venture to fly in the sonar-intense bat-guarded
perimeter of my yard, probably a couple of miles, or more. If you are
standing near the tree when the hoard come alive, it's just aweinspiring
to see and the neighborhood kids never cease to be fascinated by it.
The bats will come within a hair of touching you, so close you feel them
passing in the darkness, but their excellent sonar ranging keeps them
from bumping you in the darkness, at first quite disturbing, especially
to the superstitious religionists who know about it. They get
positively creepy over bats.

ONE little bat can eat 10,000 flying mosquitoes in an 8 hour hunting
night, along with a million other tiny bugs flying in the darkness. My
bats are so good at what they do, I do not need a yellow porch light to
keep the bugs away. No chemicals, no electric bug zappers, just the
Boys in Black scanning the night. We DO, however,havea backup system
in place that's also quite successful. That white light that runs all
night (electronic flourescent - 36W) does attract large millers and
moths to it the bats seem to ignore at times. No problemo! My other
squadron of green tree frogs spend their days wedged up into the spaces
around that light sleeping, waiting for the feed store to open up of the
aforementioned moths. They sit there, stuck to the light, the wall, the
frame of the door, all nearby the light, with that long, amazingly fast
tongue, flicking and sticking the moths right out of the sky! You
simply see them disappear as that tongue is too fast for the human eye
without the aid of high speed cameras to see.

Now if I could just get the both of them interested in MASSIVE PALMETTO
BUGS, the giant roaches we breed by the billions running 40mph across
the patio the size of a size 16 Nike sneaker....THAT would be neat!

--http://www.goveg.com/feat/agriprocessors/responseToOUStatement.asp
Watch the FULL video. I dare ya! Shechitah barbarians!

Larry

One of mysteries of the Universe is "Why the hell God created the
mosquitoes?" But then you remind me that he was clever enough to give
us the bats.

I have solved my problem though by a very mundane method. Very
powerful blowing faster that they can fly. It's not a miracle per se,
but it works like one. I was reading all other remedies (other than
DEET) barely work, including citronella.

Adam & Eve must have had a hard time with the mosquitoes on their
naked bodies, unless they had a secret that we don't know.

Old June 16th 10, 05:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 15, 6:59 pm, Phlip wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock"

I do believe "Highness" might be the operative word there...

C-:

You may call it "levitation," except for the fact that I'm suspended
by two straps.

Other than that I consider myself as high as ANY human being out
there. But my wisdom is perhaps a little bit deeper based on actual
observation of animal behavior. It's amazing what you can learn! For
example, the lovely birds are afraid of the lazy cat. The cat itself
is nice, but his very presence scares my winged friends, and that's no
good. Sometimes my girlfriend feeds him milk, and I have been mildly
opposed to it. But someday I may decide to kick the cat just to
restore the balance of nature.

I just wished someone could do the same with our predatory drivers, so
I could come out and ride my bike. But there's no one watching over
that.

Old June 16th 10, 06:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jim A

On 06/16/2010 01:39 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:
One of mysteries of the Universe is "Why the hell God created the
mosquitoes?" But then you remind me that he was clever enough to give
us the bats.

I have solved my problem though by a very mundane method. Very
powerful blowing faster that they can fly.

Assuming you have to breathe in occasionally, would you not have to blow
more than twice the speed of a mosquito to keep them away, and what can
you do if they're coming at you from all directions?

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old June 16th 10, 08:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 16, 1:14*pm, Jim A wrote:
On 06/16/2010 01:39 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:
One of mysteries of the Universe is "Why the hell God created the
mosquitoes?" But then you remind me that he was clever enough to give
us the bats.

I have solved my problem though by a very mundane method. Very
powerful blowing faster that they can fly.

Assuming you have to breathe in occasionally, would you not have to blow
more than twice the speed of a mosquito to keep them away, and what can
you do if they're coming at you from all directions?

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

Oh, the word "fan" should have been in there. 20" fan can blow away
the most determined bloodsuckers.

Notice I'm trying to fight them by natural means.

Think of all the irregular warfare, and tell me how many have been won
with wind. A wind machine may be able to blow the enemy away, at least
in theory.
Old June 16th 10, 08:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jim A

On 06/16/2010 08:51 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
On Jun 16, 1:14 pm, Jim wrote:
[...]

ISTR there were three little pigs who eventually found a response to
that one.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old June 16th 10, 09:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 16, 1:14 pm, Jim *wrote:
[...]

Don't treat it like a toy. I can carry this thing to the park and keep
the homeless away...

http://www.jmfx.net/products/42

Old June 16th 10, 09:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 16, 1:14 pm, Jim *wrote:
[...]

See what I mean, the war against the Scottish midges has seen the wind
machine in action...

(I bet you didn't know the enemy was so close)

THEY have prevailed for more than 6,000 years, inflicting misery on
all who invade their territory - from hardy neolithic farmers to
Hollywood heartthrobs. And the bad news is that the enduring problem
of the mighty Scots midge midge, name for any of numerous minute,
fragile flies in several families.

*Janis Hedley contacted an American special effects company called
Snowboy and ordered a 5.5hp petrol-driven wind machine, which
literally blows the midges away. It is fairly noisy and no beauty, but
since last August the machine has successfully blown millions of
midges to kingdom come.*

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/WAR+ON.....-a0119078456
Old June 16th 10, 09:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jim A

On 06/16/2010 09:12 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:
See what I mean, the war against the Scottish midges has seen the wind
machine in action...

(I bet you didn't know the enemy was so close)

THEY have prevailed for more than 6,000 years, inflicting misery on
all who invade their territory - from hardy neolithic farmers to
Hollywood heartthrobs. And the bad news is that the enduring problem
of the mighty Scots midge midge, name for any of numerous minute,
fragile flies in several families.

*Janis Hedley contacted an American special effects company called
Snowboy and ordered a 5.5hp petrol-driven wind machine, which
literally blows the midges away. It is fairly noisy and no beauty, but
since last August the machine has successfully blown millions of
midges to kingdom come.*

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/WAR+ON.....-a0119078456

Thanks for the tip. I'll tell my sister in Scotland. :-)

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old June 16th 10, 09:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/WAR+ON...t+weapons+in+6...

Thanks for the tip. *I'll tell my sister in Scotland. :-)

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

Before you use *the other weapons*...

On Jun 16, 4:01 pm, Larry wrote:
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-
Hammock" wrote in news:3688f6d0-5b98-4b6b-
:

One of mysteries of the Universe is "Why the hell God created the
mosquitoes?" But then you remind me that he was clever enough to give
us the bats.

Ihavesolved my problem though by a very mundane method. Very
powerful blowing faster that they can fly. It's not a miracle per se,
but it works like one. I was reading all other remedies (other than
DEET) barely work, including citronella.

Adam & Eve musthavehad a hard time with the mosquitoes on their
naked bodies, unless they had a secret that we don't know.

Blind, mosquitoes detect you with two physical properties. You're warm,
theyhavea thermometer. You emit a cloud of stinky sweat from your
body's evaporative air conditioning system out there in the heat. Ever
notice how much more you get bit when it's warm? You sweat more and
make detection much easier. If the wind is blowing, the misquitoes come
at you from the lee side as the wind blows your heat/moisture cloud away
from you. In calm, the cloud goes nearly straight up for a long ways.
Mosquitoes simply fly around scanning the area for an animal target
meeting the criteria and follow the cloud to the target. Evolutionary
genius, not some imaginary friend of the Pope.

Anything you do to screw up the cloud's parameters, like put on a
"repellant", which clouds the moisture in the cloud with oils and
chemicals to help prevent detection by overhead bugs, slows them down,
but they adapt quite well. A big blower blowing the cloud and mixing it
with the air prevents detection.

Now, some smart humanshavecome up with a fake animal running on
electric and propane that lures the mosquito into a fan trap with heat,
from a propane burner, and moisture. The bugs see a huge target that
must be a dinosaur on the patio and go buzzing off to eat lunch, only to
find a fan sucks them into a bag at the "target". That thing will clean
a yard for the party in about an hour after first firing it up. Works
great and the bugshaveNO DEFENSES for it as it mimics the primary
target perfectly.

The propane trap also emits CO2, further mimicing the target animals.
The electric ones don't and don't work as well because of it. The bugs
can detect CO2 near the target for "target verification".

http://www.consumersearch.com/mosquito-traps

Pricey....and a little pricey to operate, but NO BUGS CAN BE WORTH IT!

--http://www.goveg.com/feat/agriprocessors/responseToOUStatement.asp
Watch the FULL video. I dare ya! Shechitah barbarians!

Larry

Amazing facts about those bloodsuckers. It's like getting to know the
private life of bankers and politicians.

Anyway, I have momentarily found a sweat spot where they are simply
blown away. What weapon of those above will lead to their ultimate
defeat? I have power access.
Old June 20th 10, 04:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default I have been blessed --me discussing with the masters

On Jun 19, 2:00 am, norbu_tragri wrote:
On Jun 17, 2:06 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
Movement of Tantra-Hammock" wrote:

Strategy of the mosquitoes is VERY effective. Nagging can pay off with
great results.

Or not. Nagging can get some results - caving-in or combat.
Parents who want the best for the children, or children who
want the best the best for their parents don't give in to
either reaction.

The tiny mosquito can drive the giant (us) crazy. David vs. Goliath.
They are also many, so they also show the united we can accomplish
anything.

But do we LOVE the mosquitoes?

Mosquitoes are part of life - do you love life with arms wide open,
or chose little part that are sort of ok, some days, depending on how
you feel...?

Wait a minute, that mosquito is sucking your blood and he's within
reach... What do we do? Strike or tell him "I love you?"

We must draw the line somewhere, right?

No.

Wise Monkey smacks mosquitoes, Wise Buddha lets them live.
Who knows which is which....a mosquitoe approaches...
there is no line, chaos follows...
What follows is improvisation, dance...
No set lines.

Wise Monkey blows them away with fan, and then whoever crosses the
line is "dead meat."

Though I can find a good reason to dance in their presence rather than
sitting like Buddha.

Hey, the mosquitoes have to learn to respect too! It's break time in
the hammock, you know.

There is very much climate change going on, and very bad news...

That's the reality, even in the Tibetan peaks. Only simple life can
stop it.

I think nature is the only thing worth worshiping if there's something
that needs dying for or living for.

i prefer mutual respect to groveling or demanding worship,
and nature seems to be okay with that, she hasn't stopped hugging me,
or i her...

You can hug a tree and never feel betrayed like a woman could.

But when you start loving the mosquitoes, you know you went too far.

when mosquitoes go too far you might love to let them know...

what that says about human life though....

- n

I'll say "I love you mosquito," before I smack them.

Am I blessed,... Scott Racing 22 June 5th 09 09:06 PM
A Prayer for the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin Barry Dullard Trite Racing 0 January 21st 06 06:19 PM