Getting down to 1 bike - what would you pick

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21st 12, 02:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
kolldata

Default Getting down to 1 bike - what would you pick

On Jan 20, 9:01*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" considered Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:28:21
-0500 the perfect time to write:

Per (PeteCresswell):
I think I had one of those things for awhile when I was living in
Hawaii.

Some dealer got a bunch of them in from one of the UK countries.
I'm pretty sure they were police bikes. *That one introduced me
to the meaning of "English rust proofing: oil seals".

I retract my statement. * *Reading the web page, I see the brand
is "Greeves". * *Mine was a "Matchless". * Sure looked similar
though...

Same engine, so your statement is still applicable.
I suspect the lubrication system on those was best described as
"external splash" to borrow a term from LJK Setright.

ALSO 'TOTAL LOSS LUBRICATION'
is in that file

Need help to pick up a bike Martin Mountain Biking 3 April 22nd 06 10:11 AM
Need help to pick up a bike Martin Mountain Biking 0 April 20th 06 04:42 PM
Need help to pick up a bike Martin Mountain Biking 0 April 20th 06 01:37 PM
TDU Who is your pick?? bigW Australia 5 January 24th 04 07:54 AM
FS: Reynolds 531 Road Bicycle. 58 cm classic Raleigh. Built-up ascommuter bike. Good riding condition. Mavic, StrongLight, Campagnolocomponents, good tires, extras. I'm keeping the pedals. Carefully boxed toship or you can pick up in the Atlanta Mark Shefrin Marketplace 1 September 17th 03 04:42 PM