Cadillac Bikes.

Old July 26th 05, 05:56 PM
ellis

Default Cadillac Bikes.

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message
Yes, for real:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/26/...kes/index.html

I'll likely pass...

Interesting that Porsche, BMW, Jeep all have their own bicycles and they are
just about the worst garbage out there. Lesson to auto makers: stick to
what you know.

Old July 26th 05, 06:01 PM
Kinon O'Cann

Old July 26th 05, 06:40 PM

ellis wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message
Yes, for real:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/26/...kes/index.html

I'll likely pass...

Interesting that Porsche, BMW, Jeep all have their own bicycles and they are
just about the worst garbage out there. Lesson to auto makers: stick to
what you know.

I'm not sure what the incentive for the auto dealers is but the bike
manufacturer can sell slick looking (but mostly junk) bikes to people
who know nothing about bikes. So they have a nice incentive.

The Montague mountain bike was sold through BMW dealers. Montague
makes the folding frame bike developed under DARPA. By all accounts
the frame is rugged and sturdy but the components are junk.

Old July 26th 05, 07:23 PM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:01:19 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann"
wrote:

Yes, for real:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/26/...kes/index.html

Made by Kent, the same people who have stuffed some of GM's other
badges on bikes, notably one of the overbloated superbarge SUV models.

I've seen them. Low-end Pacifics are no worse in my opinion...at one
third the price.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 26th 05, 09:57 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article , bow
says...

Yes, for real:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/26/...kes/index.html
I'll likely pass...

I know I will pass. LBS prices without the LBS service. Why bother?
---------------
Alex

Old July 27th 05, 12:36 AM
Jasper Janssen

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:56:29 GMT, "ellis" wrote:

Interesting that Porsche, BMW, Jeep all have their own bicycles and they are
just about the worst garbage out there. Lesson to auto makers: stick to
what you know.

I very much doubt these bikes are made by the auto manufacturers, they're
probably just crappy chinese **** with a sticker on. It is, in other
words, *merchandising*, and not an actual product.

Jasper
Old July 27th 05, 12:38 AM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:57:11 -0400, Alex Rodriguez
wrote:

In article , bow
says...

Yes, for real:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/26/...kes/index.html
I'll likely pass...

I know I will pass. LBS prices without the LBS service. Why bother?

And they won't even be selling them in paint jobs to match the cars,
what a rip! (Didn't Trek paint bikes to match those Jettas?)

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
Design News article about bikes [email protected] Techniques 8 January 14th 05 02:07 PM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM