Got my MIELE Columbus SL Single Speed built

Old May 16th 14, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Got my MIELE Columbus SL Single Speed built

I finished painting the MIELE Columbus SL frame I'm using as a single speed.. Got the decals on and reassemble all the components.

Bike has Dura Ace AX brake calipers for which I have four more sets of brake pads. Brake Levers are Tiagra. Crank is an Exage one with the grey anodizing removed and the crank polished. Pedals are RINO. Freewheel is an ACS Crossfire 20 teeth. Chain is a KMC. Wheels are MICHE hubs paired with MAVIC GP-4 tubular rims. Tires are CONTINENTALS. Seatpost is a Shimano 600AX aero post. PISTA Handlebar and stem are TTT. Images can be seen he

Sideview: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/14012506187/

Gallery of 9 images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/

Cheers
Old May 16th 14, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 5/16/2014 11:33 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I finished painting the MIELE Columbus SL frame I'm using as a single speed. Got the decals on and reassemble all the components.

Bike has Dura Ace AX brake calipers for which I have four more sets of brake pads. Brake Levers are Tiagra. Crank is an Exage one with the grey anodizing removed and the crank polished. Pedals are RINO. Freewheel is an ACS Crossfire 20 teeth. Chain is a KMC. Wheels are MICHE hubs paired with MAVIC GP-4 tubular rims. Tires are CONTINENTALS. Seatpost is a Shimano 600AX aero post. PISTA Handlebar and stem are TTT. Images can be seen he

Sideview: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/14012506187/

Gallery of 9 images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/

Cheers

+1 I'll look out for it on the road when I'm in Ontario.
Old May 16th 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

On Friday, May 16, 2014 5:33:26 PM UTC+2, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I finished painting the MIELE Columbus SL frame I'm using as a single speed. Got the decals on and reassemble all the components.

Bike has Dura Ace AX brake calipers for which I have four more sets of brake pads. Brake Levers are Tiagra. Crank is an Exage one with the grey anodizing removed and the crank polished. Pedals are RINO. Freewheel is an ACS Crossfire 20 teeth. Chain is a KMC. Wheels are MICHE hubs paired with MAVIC GP-4 tubular rims. Tires are CONTINENTALS. Seatpost is a Shimano 600AX aero post. PISTA Handlebar and stem are TTT. Images can be seen he

Sideview: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/14012506187/

Gallery of 9 images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/

Cheers

Nice job! Thanks got really tired of all that drivel about bike paths.
Collecting/acquiring parts for a new to build bike myself ;-)

Lou
Old May 16th 14, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, May 16, 2014 11:33:26 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I finished painting the MIELE Columbus SL frame I'm using as a single speed. Got the decals on and reassemble all the components.

Bike has Dura Ace AX brake calipers for which I have four more sets of brake pads. Brake Levers are Tiagra. Crank is an Exage one with the grey anodizing removed and the crank polished. Pedals are RINO. Freewheel is an ACS Crossfire 20 teeth. Chain is a KMC. Wheels are MICHE hubs paired with MAVIC GP-4 tubular rims. Tires are CONTINENTALS. Seatpost is a Shimano 600AX aero post. PISTA Handlebar and stem are TTT. Images can be seen he

Sideview: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/14012506187/

Gallery of 9 images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/

Congratulations. I'll be interested in your impression of the brakes.

- Frank Krygowski
Old May 16th 14, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, May 16, 2014 3:21:33 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Friday, May 16, 2014 11:33:26 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I finished painting the MIELE Columbus SL frame I'm using as a single speed. Got the decals on and reassemble all the components.

Bike has Dura Ace AX brake calipers for which I have four more sets of brake pads. Brake Levers are Tiagra. Crank is an Exage one with the grey anodizing removed and the crank polished. Pedals are RINO. Freewheel is an ACS Crossfire 20 teeth. Chain is a KMC. Wheels are MICHE hubs paired with MAVIC GP-4 tubular rims. Tires are CONTINENTALS. Seatpost is a Shimano 600AX aero post. PISTA Handlebar and stem are TTT. Images can be seen he

Sideview: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/14012506187/

Gallery of 9 images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/

Congratulations. I'll be interested in your impression of the brakes.

- Frank Krygowski

I've liked the Dura Ace AX brakes since I had a comolete groupset of ura Ace AX on a bicycle back in ther mid 1980's. That is the one bike I'm very sorry i ever sold. It had aero tubing and even had the Dura Ace AX stem and bars.

I found the Dura Ace AX brake calipers sufficient then and still do. Adjusting the centering is dead simply = just pull/push the brake until centered. Even hooking up the cable is not hard.

Cheers
Old May 16th 14, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, May 16, 2014 12:59:24 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Do you have a rear sew-up? Is that an old GP4 rim?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 16th 14, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, May 16, 2014 2:02:36 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Well, so much for reading comprehension (I went straight to the pictures). So, the answer is yes. Oddly, the front tire does not look like a sew-up.

Old May 17th 14, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.

On Fri, 16 May 2014 08:33:26 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

I finished painting the MIELE Columbus SL frame I'm using as a single speed. Got the decals on and reassemble all the components.

Bike has Dura Ace AX brake calipers for which I have four more sets of brake pads. Brake Levers are Tiagra. Crank is an Exage one with the grey anodizing removed and the crank polished. Pedals are RINO. Freewheel is an ACS Crossfire 20 teeth. Chain is a KMC. Wheels are MICHE hubs paired with MAVIC GP-4 tubular rims. Tires are CONTINENTALS. Seatpost is a Shimano 600AX aero post. PISTA Handlebar and stem are TTT. Images can be seen he

Sideview: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/14012506187/

Gallery of 9 images:

Cheers

Sure is an ugly water bottle :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Old May 17th 14, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, May 16, 2014 5:04:45 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Both tires are sew-ups. Rear is Challenge Criterium and front is a Continental Sprinter and both are 22 mm.

Cheers
Old May 17th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

That`s an old Shimano Aero water bottle. I have four of the bottles. Three have full alloy cages and one has the alloy and plastic cage that was the Shimano 600 AX bottle/cage. On another bike I have two of the old Campagnolo aero bottles with integral handle ans their matching alloy cages.

Cheers