Where to get HippieSlick?

Old July 25th 05, 02:48 AM
Paul A. Steckler

Default Where to get HippieSlick?

Does anyone know where I can purchase HippieSlick, the
soy-based chain lube? I'd tried a dose, lent to me by a mechanic,
and was pretty pleased with it.

The Web site, www.hippieslick.com, seems to have been down
for at least a couple of weeks.

-- Paul

Old July 25th 05, 04:15 AM
Ted Bennett

In article ,
"Paul A. Steckler" wrote:

Does anyone know where I can purchase HippieSlick, the
soy-based chain lube? I'd tried a dose, lent to me by a mechanic,
and was pretty pleased with it.

The Web site, www.hippieslick.com, seems to have been down
for at least a couple of weeks.

-- Paul

Don't feed the troll.

--
Ted Bennett
Old July 25th 05, 04:56 AM
Paul A. Steckler

Don't feed the troll.

Umm, no, not a troll. I really want to find the stuff.
See for yourself -- the Web site is down. The stuff
really exists, in case that's what's eating you. See
http://www.google.com/Top/Shopping/S...g/Accessories/,
and scroll down -- you'll see it listed.

To establish my bona fides: I went on the Sierra to the Sea ride
sponsored by the Almaden Cycle Touring Club. Here are
pictures: http://www.stecksoft.com/sierra2005/.

On the first day of that ride, the mechanic on the tour,
known as "wrenchboy", allowed me to use his bottle
of HippieSlick. It worked well for me.

Why do I want it? Because I do a fair number of trips
by air with my bikes and technically, you're not supposed
to bring flammable materials, like oil-based chain lubes,
aboard commercial flights.

-- Paul

Old July 25th 05, 07:21 AM
GaryG

"Paul A. Steckler" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can purchase HippieSlick, the
soy-based chain lube? I'd tried a dose, lent to me by a mechanic,
and was pretty pleased with it.

The Web site, www.hippieslick.com, seems to have been down
for at least a couple of weeks.

-- Paul

Dude...where's my website?

Old July 25th 05, 07:46 AM
Werehatrack

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:48:06 -0700, "Paul A. Steckler"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can purchase HippieSlick, the
soy-based chain lube? I'd tried a dose, lent to me by a mechanic,
and was pretty pleased with it.

The Web site, www.hippieslick.com, seems to have been down
for at least a couple of weeks.

The domain name registration has apparently expired; I'd call that a
Bad Sign.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 25th 05, 02:17 PM
Paul A. Steckler

The domain name registration has apparently expired; I'd call that a
Bad Sign.

Yep, I've already emailed the Administrative Contact listed in WHOIS.

-- Paul

Old July 25th 05, 03:59 PM
jtaylor

"Paul A. Steckler" wrote in message

Why do I want it? Because I do a fair number of trips
by air with my bikes and technically, you're not supposed
to bring flammable materials, like oil-based chain lubes,
aboard commercial flights.

Technically, flammable means having a flash-point below 100 degrees F.

Technically, both lithium greases (commonly used on bicycles) and
propretary chain lubricants have typical flash points above 400 degrees F.

And it would be interesting to hear what is responsible for the presumed
lubricating qualities of this "HippieSlick" if it is not an OIL derived from
the soybean.

Practically, the droid at the airline counter will not bother, and neither
should you.

Don't forget to let the air out of your tyres...

Old July 25th 05, 06:54 PM
Zog The Undeniable

jtaylor wrote:

"Paul A. Steckler" wrote in message

Why do I want it? Because I do a fair number of trips
by air with my bikes and technically, you're not supposed
to bring flammable materials, like oil-based chain lubes,
aboard commercial flights.

And it would be interesting to hear what is responsible for the presumed
lubricating qualities of this "HippieSlick" if it is not an OIL derived from
the soybean.

I'm sure it is an oil, but a biodegradable one. This means it will
prbably go gummy after a few weeks and need washing off.

I've always meant to try castor oil on my chain to see what happens, as
I've tried everything else.
Old July 26th 05, 08:40 PM
Scott Johnson

GaryG wrote:
"Paul A. Steckler" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can purchase HippieSlick, the
soy-based chain lube? I'd tried a dose, lent to me by a mechanic,
and was pretty pleased with it.

The Web site, www.hippieslick.com, seems to have been down
for at least a couple of weeks.

-- Paul

Dude...where's my website?

stirs fron couch

I dunno man, did we get high or something? Did
Kerry win?

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com
Old July 26th 05, 11:02 PM
C.J.Patten

Meh. It happens. Not at any company I'm running but after I sold my last
business, the new guy running the show got sidetracked with, well,
"business" and forgot to renew.