dear mrs blonde 4wd driver

Old March 29th 07, 08:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default dear mrs blonde 4wd driver

On Mar 29, 3:22 pm, Jack Russell wrote:
SteveA wrote:
Donga Wrote:

Hey fuggoff and leave my Volvos out of it. At least we drive in the
speed limit, even if we lurch around.

It had to be said .

The new Volvos are a bit harder to identify at speed, in the dark etc
since Volvo pretty much abandoned the 3 rectangular box design for
their cars. Maybe its only the older boxy Volvos that are evil.

(Did that hit the target ?)

I drive another sort of car that comes from that part of the world
(confession time) but one that has a proper tin roof (stated for
Lotte's benefit).

A parts supplier for that brand of car has offered to sell me a bike:

http://tinyurl.com/28wh72

A$1,900 + freight from the UK + GST

For a bike from Denmark

Hmmm, N+1?

Denmark is where "our Mary" lives, Sweden is where Saabs, Vovos and
Chefs come from

And they sell model Volvos for the children:

http://tinyurl.com/2yu35r

SteveA

--
Remove norubbish to reply- Hide quoted text -

Quote from a Dane: "Volvos are a byproduct of the Swedish armaments
industry that soft-minded people mistake for cars".

I just traded my old 240 wagon this arvi for a Honda Jazz. Sniff ...
end of an era. Still got the other Volvo though.

Donga

Old March 29th 07, 08:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 29, 3:32 pm, LotteBum LotteBum.2o6...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
SteveA Wrote: I drive another sort of car that comes from that part of the world
(confession time) but one that has a proper tin roof (stated for
Lotte's benefit).

Now there's a w@nker car if you ever saw one! Saab is a real old farts
car!

Oh, and if you really want to pick on Donga, pick a real downfall -
like his mtb skills.

I'm in so much trouble now.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Yeah well I owned you last weekend, sista!

Old March 29th 07, 08:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SteveA[_11_]

Jack Russell Wrote:

Denmark is where "our Mary" lives, Sweden is where Saabs, Vovos and
Chefs come from

--
Remove norubbish to reply

Denmark has given us:

Carlsberg Beer
Scanpan Frying pans
Tuborg Beer
Lotte
Biomega Bikes branded as Saabs

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old March 29th 07, 08:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SteveA[_12_]

LotteBum Wrote:
Now there's a w@nker car if you ever saw one! Saab is a real old farts
car!

Oh, and if you really want to pick on Donga, pick a real downfall -
like his mtb skills.

I'm in so much trouble now.

Lotte

Old farts wearing conservative suits and ties in old fart cars don't
get hassled by the police even when they go a little fast (I certainly
haven't tried out the 240 kmh top speed of the old fart car but
sometimes I do exceed the speed limit by a small amount).

You are in trouble, young lady - I may still be coming to Brisvegas to
visit my old Mum.

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old March 29th 07, 11:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Richard Sherratt

On 27 Mar 2007 21:21:00 -0700, "AndrewJ"
wrote:

Yes, let's forget about stereotypes.

There you were coming onto Nepean Highway. I was going down the hill
into your path. You looked back up the hill for cars, then you looked
to the left for oncoming traffic. You didn't actually look at me at
all. Then you proceeded forward, on your way to run me over.

Then you saw me, and you couldn't believe that I was where I was. So
why wasn't I right in your path? Because I was watching you very
closely, and I anticipated that you would do exactly what you did. So
I braked hard and went around the back of you. Why? Because 20 years
of riding on the roads convinced me that you would most likely drive
in the worst manner possible.

So now you know. Next time you will look for bicycles.

She will? Don't bet on it.

But I won't
actually believe that you will stop until you actually stop.

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old March 29th 07, 11:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Richard Sherratt

On 28 Mar 2007 14:00:46 -0700, "Donga"
wrote:

Hey fuggoff and leave my Volvos out of it. At least we drive in the
speed limit, even if we lurch around.

Now I'm really worried. Anyone who thinks that driving within the
speed limit = safe driving is probably the most dangerous driver on
the road. Lethal.
--
Regards.
Richard.
Old March 29th 07, 11:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Richard Sherratt

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:49:48 +0800, "Theo Bekkers"
wrote:

LotteBum wrote:

Now there's a w@nker car if you ever saw one! Saab is a real old
farts car!

According to their ads, the new diesel flies.

So does the 9-3 Aero.

An English friend recently took his 9-3 Aero for a long weekend in
France. He got some really bad weather in Normandie. Gales and
horizontal rain. He decided that 180 km/h was safer than the 220 km/h
he'd been doing before the bad weather hit. The BMW 330 that had been
pacing him could not keep up in the bad conditions. He's previously
owned BMW 740, Jag XJ6 and cars like that. He's used to driving at
over 300 km/h on a bike. His opinion was that the 9-3 Aero was
brilliantly safe and fast.

My 900 Aero is not as fast, but feels really safe and solid on the
road. OK, it's not all that slow. In spite of some road reviews, it's
not faster than a Ferrari Testarossa, but it can surprise a 911 of the
same vintage. It's the torque that counts.

Also, at 250,000 km, it's just about run in :-)

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old March 29th 07, 11:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ProfTournesol[_9_]

Duncan Wrote:
On Mar 28, 2:30 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:

The car in point here was a BMW 4wd - is there a wankier? I'm
struggling to think of one.

Porsche Cayenne turbo.

Ultimate wankfest.

Hummer H3:-(

--
ProfTournesol

Old March 29th 07, 11:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ProfTournesol[_10_]

AndrewJ Wrote:
Yes, let's forget about stereotypes.

There you were coming onto Nepean Highway. I was going down the hill
into your path. You looked back up the hill for cars, then you looked
to the left for oncoming traffic. You didn't actually look at me at
all. Then you proceeded forward, on your way to run me over.

Then you saw me, and you couldn't believe that I was where I was. So
why wasn't I right in your path? Because I was watching you very
closely, and I anticipated that you would do exactly what you did. So
I braked hard and went around the back of you. Why? Because 20 years
of riding on the roads convinced me that you would most likely drive
in the worst manner possible.

So now you know. Next time you will look for bicycles. But I won't
actually believe that you will stop until you actually stop.

it wasn't a white Disco was it? may be the same ****er that drove up
Mt Buffalo during the Alpine Classic 3 years ago on the wrong side of
the road around a blind corner as I was coming down!

--
ProfTournesol

Old March 29th 07, 11:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
PHATRS

DeF wrote:

The car in point here was a BMW 4wd - is there a wankier? I'm
struggling to think of one.

DeF.

Merc 4WDs are worse off-road therefore wankier.

--
Ben - Wipe off 25

"My name is Korg from planet dyslexia, your arses are fruity, take me
to your dealer, or you will all be laminated, ." RV, melb.general

Oh dear lardyninja UK 32 November 25th 06 09:40 PM
A blonde wig is safer than a helmet according to: lubaloo UK 87 September 18th 06 08:27 AM
Oh Dear! Tom Crispin UK 10 April 27th 06 05:43 PM
Oh dear Michael Warner Australia 2 July 21st 05 05:21 PM
Oh dear. Doki UK 15 April 6th 04 09:21 PM