Help choosing editing program, Please

Old January 4th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Default Help choosing editing program, Please

SUPER is easy. You select your output, how you want the file to be, like
a .avi, .mp4, .mov or whatever, and they have a huge list of what you
want it to be. Even presets for PSP video, the format used on different
cellphones and everything.

Then you select the codec you want to use. Divx, h.264 and tons more,
then you select the codec of the audio you want. Mp3, AAC, wav and
whatever.

Then you have a box below that has your video options in it. Do you
want to change the ratio, set the bit rate, change the resolution, its
all right there.

Below that you do the same with audio. Select the bit rate, sample
rate, or disable audio from the clip.

Then hit enter and wait a few seconds or minutes.

SUPER is the type of program that will take 1min or two to get used to,
but its really easy, and has full support to every file ive ever seen.
MKV files may need a demuxing treatment, but thats going to be the same
for any program if you are handling MKV with multiple audio, video, and
subtitle streams. It seems the only way to not like SUPER is if you
looked at it, didnt read, then hit the X.

--
Jerrick

'*Bought it!*' (http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa)
*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old January 4th 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Jerrick;1163919 wrote:
[...]

Thanks, but I need 20 GB of memory to put it on my computer. I have
2.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 4th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

EliB;1163921 wrote:
Thanks, but I need 20 GB of memory to put it on my computer. I have 2.

Thats just a recommendation. I ran it fine with a comp that was way
below its specs for years. If anything, it will run a bit slower. It
suggests that just to make sure you have enough room to do conversions.
Like when I converted 20gigs of video to avi, and made them the same
size and quality of the original file, I ended up with 40gigs of video.
The original, and the converted copy.

With only 2gigs of free space left, your gonna be hard pressed with any
of the converters you use. I suggest getting a 500gig drive. They are
around $60-$80 now.

MPEG streamclip looks ok, so dont hesitate to try that out, or anything
else to see what you like the best.

Old January 4th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Jerrick;1163923 wrote:
Are you on windows XP or Vista, and do you have the latest quicktime
downloaded?

I'm on an XP and not 100% sure about my quicktime. I do think so,
though.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 4th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Hmm, im not entirely sure. Ive never used that program before so im not
sure what would cause it to randomly crash.

Old January 4th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Jerrick;1163925 wrote:
Hmm, im not entirely sure. Ive never used that program before so im not
sure what would cause it to randomly crash.

It asks me to send an error report, and then it shuts down.:\

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 4th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Yeah, thats the typical window you get when a program crashes. Id check
the FAQs if the site has that section, or a help section, and a quick
google of MPEG streamclip Crashes on startup and see what that brings
up.

Old January 4th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Jerrick;1163927 wrote:
Yeah, thats the typical window you get when a program crashes. Id check
the FAQs if the site has that section, or a help section, and a quick
google of MPEG streamclip Crashes on startup and see what that brings
up.

Nah, I'm just going to take back all this stuff and get a Flip Mino. I
know that works, because Pat has one.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**

What video editing program do you use? Émile5 Unicycling 19 May 11th 08 02:08 AM
TdF TV editing datakoll Racing 20 July 26th 07 12:32 AM
video editing ntappin Unicycling 5 November 2nd 05 03:45 AM