Shame about Voeckler

Old July 23rd 11, 09:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Shame about Voeckler

I reckon he defended the yellow jersey really well.

Apparently, Europcar has the second smallest budget of all the teams!
Well, they got their money'sworth, eh?
Old July 24th 11, 04:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
K.A. Moylan

In article , Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

I reckon he defended the yellow jersey really well.

Apparently, Europcar has the second smallest budget of all the teams!
Well, they got their money'sworth, eh?

And, unlike most team sponsors, they have a commercial presence in
Australia. The next time I hire a car I will be thinking about that when
I'm comparing the deals.

--
K.A. Moylan
Canberra, Australia
Old July 24th 11, 05:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 24/07/2011 1:32 PM, K.A. Moylan wrote:
In article, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

I reckon he defended the yellow jersey really well.

Apparently, Europcar has the second smallest budget of all the teams!
Well, they got their money'sworth, eh?

And, unlike most team sponsors, they have a commercial presence in
Australia. The next time I hire a car I will be thinking about that when
I'm comparing the deals.

Looks like proof that Europcar has got their money's worth

There are other team sponsors who have a commercial presence in
Australia but I suspect their local profiles are subtle/insidious(?) or
are just in segments of industry which we do not really notice, until
and unless a dumb post like mine brings it up Liquide (pronounced
leaky, I am told) Gas is probably one which I had in mind.
Old July 24th 11, 12:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

On 24/07/2011 2:06 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 24/07/2011 1:32 PM, K.A. Moylan wrote:
In article, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

I reckon he defended the yellow jersey really well.

Apparently, Europcar has the second smallest budget of all the teams!
Well, they got their money'sworth, eh?

And, unlike most team sponsors, they have a commercial presence in
Australia. The next time I hire a car I will be thinking about that when
I'm comparing the deals.

Looks like proof that Europcar has got their money's worth

There are other team sponsors who have a commercial presence in
Australia but I suspect their local profiles are subtle/insidious(?) or
are just in segments of industry which we do not really notice, until
and unless a dumb post like mine brings it up Liquide (pronounced
leaky, I am told) Gas is probably one which I had in mind.

I've just paid off a mortgage with Rabobank. Excellent service.
If you have to deal with a bank, they're the sort of people you'd want
to deal with.

Moike
Old July 25th 11, 01:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Moike wrote:

I've just paid off a mortgage with Rabobank. Excellent service.
If you have to deal with a bank, they're the sort of people you'd want
to deal with.

I'll pass. Both their adds do not enspire confidence.
Old July 25th 11, 08:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

"terryc" wrote in message
Moike wrote:

I've just paid off a mortgage with Rabobank. Excellent service.
If you have to deal with a bank, they're the sort of people you'd want to deal with.

I'll pass. Both their adds do not enspire confidence.

I once had a teddy bear called Rabo (named after a character in a
book by Kurt Vonnegut).

Rabo didn't know anything about banking.

T.

Old July 25th 11, 10:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Howard[_3_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
On 24/07/2011 1:32 PM, K.A. Moylan wrote:
In article, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

I reckon he defended the yellow jersey really well.

Apparently, Europcar has the second smallest budget of all the
teams! Well, they got their money'sworth, eh?

And, unlike most team sponsors, they have a commercial presence in
Australia. The next time I hire a car I will be thinking about that
when I'm comparing the deals.

Looks like proof that Europcar has got their money's worth

There are other team sponsors who have a commercial presence in
Australia but I suspect their local profiles are subtle/insidious(?)
or are just in segments of industry which we do not really notice,
until and unless a dumb post like mine brings it up Liquide
(pronounced leaky, I am told) Gas is probably one which I had in mind.

Well I'm almost tempted to buy a HTC smartphone for no other reason than Mark
Cavendish advertising it on his chest.
Or maybe I'd invest the money instead with the Rabobank firm of merchant bankers
who have a branch even in my little provincial city in Queensland.
I do have a Garmin GPS that I use as both a bike computer and also for
bushwalking. Excellent.
Trek, BMC, Cannondale and Cervelo bikes are sold by opposing bike shops in my
city.
I was thinking that those Skoda motor cars (owned by VW I think) look like damn
fine vehicles considering the thrashing they take both as team cars and official
cars at the Tour. But alas the nearest dealers are located 400km north and south
of me which is a long way to go for warrnaty service.
And though they didn't get invited to the Tour this year every cyclist and every
home handyman has heard of Ski-Shimano.
The Euro Pro team sponsors are better represented in Oz than you think.
But I do agree that Europcar got their moneysworth out of Thomas Voeckler. I
like him for his indomitable courage, riding ability and resemblance to Popeye
the Sailorman.
PH

Voeckler is a bad habit. Frederick the Great Racing 5 July 16th 11 11:58 PM
Voeckler Fred Flintstein Racing 11 July 12th 11 03:40 PM
Thomas Voeckler Tom Kunich Racing 8 February 15th 10 09:29 PM
Voeckler the Joker [email protected] Racing 3 May 12th 09 03:20 PM
Voeckler the Pretender MagillaGorilla Racing 53 January 11th 07 09:38 AM