NAUCC 2004 early registration deadline is April 30

Old April 8th 04, 06:43 AM
tadaniels

Default NAUCC 2004 early registration deadline is April 30

Folks,

The early registration deadline for the 2004 North American Unicycling
Championships and Convention will be here sooner than you think! Your
registration must be postmarked no later than April 30 to qualify for
the early registration discount.

Visit http://home.earthlink.net/~naucc/ for details and to download
copies of the registration form.

Tom Daniels
President, Unicycling Society of America, Inc.

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352

Old April 9th 04, 02:44 AM
mgrant

I'm trying to decide whether to register my kids as competitors,
non-comptetitors, or not at all.

They are 6 and 8 years old and are fairly competent riders (probably not
yet at level 2 but solid level1).

I've asked them both and they're a little tentative about whether they
want to compete. If they don't compete what are some of the typical
things that kids that age would do as non-competitors?

At UNICON 11 they attended as spectators and enjoyed themselves but at
that time neither of them could ride.

So, any advice from parents (or others who have something to say about
it) is appreciated.

Thanks,

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

Old April 9th 04, 06:30 PM
johnfoss

Competitors!

These conventions are set up to be accesible to riders of all levels.
With the number of age groups the USA has for racing, it can sometimes
be impossible to not win, or at least place, in a racing event.

Also, entering the events gives you more stuff to do.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!

Old April 10th 04, 02:21 AM
Barb

Competitors
for their age group not much competiton
if they can ride somewhat they can race at the track.
The longest race they can get back on if they come off. Work with them at a
track so they have some practice. Practice starts and riding fast over the
finish line and staying in their lane.

Barb K.