WTB: Road bike w/ Shimano 105 or higher, carbon fork, not too expensive

Old July 22nd 03, 05:04 PM
Paul Southworth

Default WTB: Road bike w/ Shimano 105 or higher, carbon fork, not too expensive

In article ,
Praveen Srinivasan wrote:
I'm looking for my first road bike, and want one with decent components and
a carbon fork.

Praveen, bikes come in a lot of sizes. You didn't mention which
one you need. If you don't know, start at a bike shop. Fit is the
most important part of the bike - a $200 used road bike that fits
will carry you farther and faster than a $1000 bike that doesn't fit.
Fitting is most easily done in person. Ask other local cyclists
for to recommend shops that do good fitting work. You could also
try Chain Reaction in Redwood City, a big Trek dealer; the owner
is a regular contributor on the rec.bicycles.* newsgroups.

--Paul
Old July 22nd 03, 08:11 PM
Praveen Srinivasan

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm a 56cm.

Praveen

Hey all,