Jason Donald progression

Old February 20th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

Default Jason Donald progression

Did a little research on this ex-runner. Knowing that he's from Winter
Park, I guessed that his early race results would show up at the local
MTB race series and I was right:

2003 - 1st and 2nd at two races in the Winter Park MTB series (Expert
19-24):
http://tinyurl.com/393lme
http://tinyurl.com/38tbvm

2004 2nd at one race in the Winter Park MTB series (Pro Men):
http://tinyurl.com/2mz2vt

2005 March - Wins the first two Cat 4 (ACA entry level) training
races:
http://tinyurl.com/2j7m5h

2005 April - Wins all three Cat 3 races that he enters then disapears
until June:
http://tinyurl.com/2wlqtq
http://tinyurl.com/2stqlu
http://tinyurl.com/2ougn9

2005 June - 6th in his first P,1,2 criterium. then no worse that 4th
in three stages of first P,1,2 stage race
http://tinyurl.com/3dhazb
http://tinyurl.com/39ansv

2005 July - Wins first P,1,2 hill climb and then 5th at Mt Evans:
http://tinyurl.com/2mukn7
http://tinyurl.com/2stj4m

2006 - 1st Tour of Gila stage, Colorado state criterium champion
http://tinyurl.com/2ku24e
http://tinyurl.com/2pejtf

2007 - 2nd Tour of CA prologue

So what we have here is a climber who has been winning criteriums at
every level since he started and has very little time trial
experience. This could get very interesting.

Bret

Old February 20th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

until June:http://tinyurl.com/2wlqtqhttp://tiny...url.com/2ougn9

2005 June - 6th in his first P,1,2 criterium. then no worse that 4th
in three stages of first P,1,2 stage racehttp://tinyurl.com/3dhazbhttp://tinyurl.com/39ansv

2005 July - Wins first P,1,2 hill climb and then 5th at Mt Evans:http://tinyurl.com/2mukn7http://tinyurl.com/2stj4m

2006 - 1st Tour of Gila stage, Colorado state criterium championhttp://tinyurl.com/2ku24ehttp://tinyurl.com/2pejtf

2007 - 2nd Tour of CA prologue

So what we have here is a climber who has been winning criteriums at
every level since he started and has very little time trial
experience. This could get very interesting.

Bret

Did he have an early start time in all those events, too?

Just askin',
Duped

Old February 20th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
need more sun

On Feb 20, 6:52 am, "Bret" wrote:
[...]

What you also have is a rider on a team which will be perhaps the most
closely scruitinised in the history of the sport, and voluntarily so.
It's easy to make insinuations but you are conveniently forgetting
this point...

Old February 20th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 20 Feb 2007 03:50:06 -0800, "need more sun"
wrote:

On Feb 20, 6:52 am, "Bret" wrote:

So what we have here is a climber who has been winning criteriums at
every level since he started and has very little time trial
experience. This could get very interesting.

Bret

What you also have is a rider on a team which will be perhaps the most
closely scruitinised in the history of the sport, and voluntarily so.
It's easy to make insinuations but you are conveniently forgetting
this point...

What insinuations? I read Bret's comments and thought, "Interesting --
this guy could go far in this race. But maybe the longer TT will hurt
him."
--
JT
****************************
Old February 20th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

wrote:
On Feb 20, 6:52 am, "Bret" wrote:
So what we have here is a climber who has been winning criteriums at
every level since he started and has very little time trial
experience. This could get very interesting.

Bret

What you also have is a rider on a team which will be perhaps the most
closely scruitinised in the history of the sport, and voluntarily so.
It's easy to make insinuations but you are conveniently forgetting
this point...

What insinuations? I read Bret's comments and thought, "Interesting --
this guy could go far in this race. But maybe the longer TT will hurt
him."
--
JT

You're right, I made no insinuation. I think Donald is still
developing and will be somone to watch. The TT was all the more
remarkable considering the lack of experience.

Bret

Old February 20th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

Bret wrote:
[...]

Thanks for posting his "history," I was wondering about it, and to what
extent he really "came out of nowhere".

Mark J.

Old February 20th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

until June:http://tinyurl.com/2wlqtqhttp://tiny...//tinyurl.com/...

2005 June - 6th in his first P,1,2 criterium. then no worse that 4th
in three stages of first P,1,2 stage racehttp://tinyurl.com/3dhazbhttp://tinyurl.com/39ansv

2005 July - Wins first P,1,2 hill climb and then 5th at Mt Evans:http://tinyurl.com/2mukn7http://tinyurl.com/2stj4m

2006 - 1st Tour of Gila stage, Colorado state criterium championhttp://tinyurl.com/2ku24ehttp://tinyurl.com/2pejtf

2007 - 2nd Tour of CA prologue

So what we have here is a climber who has been winning criteriums at
every level since he started and has very little time trial
experience. This could get very interesting.

Bret

What you also have is a rider on a team which will be perhaps the most
closely scruitinised in the history of the sport, and voluntarily so.
It's easy to make insinuations but you are conveniently forgetting
this point...- Hide quoted text -

If you knew Bret, you'd know he wasn't insinuating anything, he was
bragging about the guy. Lot's of folks here in CO are quite proud of
his accomplishments and are really pulling for him.

Frankly, I think it's great he's with Vaughter's team this year, but I
bet he won't be with them for too many seasons. The guy's a true
physical talent who apparently knows what it's like to win.

Unless he chooses otherwise, I see him in Europe within a year or two.

Scott

Old February 21st 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
need more sun

On Feb 20, 12:50 pm, "need more sun" wrote:
On Feb 20, 6:52 am, "Bret" wrote:

[...]

Ok, my bad! I guess I jumped to the wrong conclusion re what you were
saying.. I was cheering for Jason, pity he didn't get the stage win..

Old February 21st 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 20, 8:34 am, "Bret" wrote:

What insinuations? I read Bret's comments and thought, "Interesting --
this guy could go far in this race. But maybe the longer TT will hurt
him."
--
JT

You're right, I made no insinuation. I think Donald is still
developing and will be somone to watch. The TT was all the more
remarkable considering the lack of experience.

So, I was wondering, could his relative inexperience be
an issue? How many big stage races has he done? Of course
he doesn't have to defend the jersey or expectations, so
that takes some pressure off.

This reinforces the idea that there is likely a lot of
talent out there that isn't even on bicycles.

Also, Ben Jacques-Maynes had a good ride and is a fairly
experienced quality rider. Maybe not up to Levi in a
longer TT, but it's February and we'll see.

Ben

Old February 21st 07, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Feb 20, 8:18 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 20, 8:34 am, "Bret" wrote:

[...]

I don't think he has too much stage race experience, but he's under
the close tutelage of a guy who has lot's, plus from very early on in
his athletic career he's shown that he is a winner. He may not win
the ToC (this year) but he's no fluke and he will go far in the
sport. From looking at his results as a runner AND his pretty darned
incredible results in his very short cycling career, you can only
surmise that he's got some serious talent.

Scott

Donald Munro and Tom Kunich out of RAAM!!!! Calogero Carlucci Racing 1 June 9th 06 07:31 PM
Progression bungalistic Unicycling 5 May 5th 06 05:11 AM
Jason Waddell MagillaGorilla Racing 64 March 28th 05 06:45 PM