"I don't f'ing care, mate" cyclist gets a fine

Old January 31st 18, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default "I don't f'ing care, mate" cyclist gets a fine

" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I’ve seen"
"common sense isn’t all that common." said the Assistant chief constable.

He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like that.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Old January 31st 18, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I've seen"
"common sense isn't all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.
He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Just look at that ape.
I have said it before and I will say it again - the stupidity of cyclists
never ceased to amaze me.

Old January 31st 18, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 7:19:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I've seen"
"common sense isn't all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.
He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Just look at that ape.
I have said it before and I will say it again - the stupidity of cyclists
never ceased to amaze me.

Because no matter how stupid some cyclists may appear they are still more intelligent than you.

Old February 1st 18, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 01/02/18 08:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I've seen"
"common sense isn't all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.
He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Just look at that ape.
I have said it before and I will say it again - the stupidity of cyclists
never ceased to amaze me.

You are always expecting them to be stupid.
So why are you always amazed? Do you forget things easily? How is your
alzheimers?
Old February 3rd 18, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I've seen"
"common sense isn't all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.
He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Just look at that ape.
I have said it before and I will say it again - the stupidity of cyclists
never ceased to amaze me.

Because no matter how stupid some cyclists may appear they are still more intelligent than you.

Yeah. Being amazed at bicyclists -- well that is his problem.
If he is amazed one time -- well he is learning something.
If he is amazed again and again, then he has learned nothing.
Old April 2nd 18, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 31/01/2018 18:35, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6:18:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I’ve seen"
"common sense isn’t all that common." said the Assistant chief constable.

He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like that.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Crank v Brooks 1990

Is Crank a synonym for "cyclist"?
Old April 3rd 18, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 03/04/18 01:19, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2018 18:35, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6:18:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I’ve seen"
"common sense isn’t all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.

He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Crank v Brooks 1990

Is Crank a synonym for "cyclist"?

I think it is the thing which connects the spindle inside the bottom
bracket to the pedal.
Old April 3rd 18, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/04/2018 10:04, Peter Keller wrote:
On 03/04/18 01:19, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2018 18:35, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6:18:18 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
" one of the most stupid, arrogant and dangerous things I’ve seen"
"common sense isn’t all that common." said the Assistant chief
constable.

He clearly doesn't come across many cyclists, the majority are like
that.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3754536.html

Crank v Brooks 1990

Is Crank a synonym for "cyclist"?

I think it is the thing which connects the spindle inside the bottom
bracket to the pedal.

It can be a lot of things (eg, the name of a small and quite
sought-after village near St Helens in Lancashire and even the German
for "sick").

But in "Crank v Brooks 1990 (or 1980), it looks as though it's being
used as a substitute for a proper noun and there has to be a reason for
that.