It can happen but a first

Old September 14th 20, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

Default It can happen but a first

So bitching about the weather here ( Andrew) yesterday I get caught the last 4 miles in a huge downpour of rain. No lighting so did not have to take cover the deacon has severe lighting fear. I got my bike out today after a 32 mile ride not wet but misty and foggy ****ty weather weather still ( Andrew you called it).

I decide to clean a bit and re-lube the chain. I had to change the battery in my cateye fork cycle computer sensor too. I notice as I was spinning the front wheel to check for readings I hear a swish. The brakes were not rubbing but pretty quick I could tell water inside the rim. Well never had that at least that I knew and could hear. So being OCD I pulled tire and drained the water. I am sure this common but in all my years of riding I don't remember specifically hearing this or doing it on my own bike.

Final word despite those who have trouble mounting tires my Conti GP 4000 II's went back on the H and Son rim easily by hand. Finally today in Central Illinois we saw the sun at about 11 am.

Deacon Mark
Old September 14th 20, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 4:28:33 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

We are praying for rain here to help with the fires and to clean the air I went in to get an antibody test today was inside 45 minutes and coming out there were ashes all over my car. (This is the que for Frank to say there were no ashes on my car.) Please rain, please, please, please. I want to ride.
Old September 14th 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

On Monday, September 14, 2020 at 12:52:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Lord please send nice rain to put out the fire

Deacon Mark

It had to happen MrCheerful UK 6 May 8th 16 09:39 AM
It Could Happen to Any of Us BLafferty[_3_] Racing 10 December 8th 10 04:24 AM
TdF and DC: What would happen if... Roger Zoul Racing 7 July 25th 05 11:24 PM
now, how did that happen? Monique Y. Mudama Mountain Biking 14 June 27th 05 03:32 PM