drunk cyclist caught climbing level crossing barriers

Old March 17th 18, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default drunk cyclist caught climbing level crossing barriers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hit-train.html
Old March 17th 18, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:46:51 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hit-train.html

No cyclist in that video, just a pedestrian with a bicycle that may or may not have belonged to him.
What I am curious about is why the police, having stopped in the road, decided to pick their car up and move it sideways onto the pavement.
Old March 17th 18, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:46:51 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hit-train.html

I am surprised Nugent has not replied telling us that if we had implemented the Freak-Noddy system where trains have to stop at level crossing whilst the driver operates a 'manual device', then this would not have happened.
Alternatively we could use Nugent's other idea that we close all level crossings to trains and make rail companies dig tunnels underneath them.
Old March 17th 18, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/03/2018 10:01, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:46:51 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hit-train.html

No cyclist in that video, just a pedestrian with a bicycle that may or may not have belonged to him.

FX: Raises eyes to Heaven

Can you not think of an even sillier defence of that criminal?

You MUST be able to... go on... have a try... if anyone can do it, it's you.
Old March 19th 18, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hit-train.html

In that amount of time I could have gotten an entire aircraft carrier group across the border -- no water.