wheel building

Old October 14th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ricky W

Default wheel building

I think I have made a thread and seen threads similar to this a while
back but I searched and didn't really find what I was looking for. ok
i have a few questions about some stuff.

1.how much does it cost at you lbs to get a wheel built
2.how much does dave stockton charge to build a wheel
3.how hard is it to build you own wheel

i hope you can answer these questions or help me answer these
questions. Thanks

--
Ricky W

*-Lucky8 Unicyclist-*
Unicycle For Christ
my unicyclist.com names: lucky_8 and Ricky W
Ricky W's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12663

Old October 14th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

I think its $10 to lace the spokes (LBS) if thats what you are asking
(im pretty sure it is)

everything else is so variable there is no way to tell you unless you
start naming products

--
skrobo

-stephen-
Unicycle For Christ PM me if you want to know...

vuniw wrote:
i dont do myspace because i dont want to get raped by a weirdo.. so i
put my information on unicyclist.com

-last edited by forrestunifreak, jjtheunicycle, and ducttape : today at
10:37 pm.-
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old October 15th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Building a wheel is quite easy.

Best thing to do... get a wheel... set it beside you... start lacing
your new wheel and follow the pattern on your other wheel...

Truing a wheel... get a clamp, clamp something to your forks or frame
that almost touches the rim, like a set of brakes, and tighten away..
assuming you know which spokes to tighten.

If you don't know which spokes to tighten, someone else will post more
detail.

--
Borgschulze

Spare some change for a new unicycle?
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

Old October 15th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ricky W

if I build a wheel instead of buying it it will be a bc wheel but I
think I am just going to buy one where I don't have to go through the
trouble of either getting it made, making it my self or anything else.
i do have one question while I'm in a thread that has a little bit to
do with bicycle wheel sets and i don't want to make a new thread. My
question is where can i get an axle for a unicycle hub and how would i
put it any or anything because the wheel set i want might not have a
wide enough axle for what i probably will do with it.

Old October 15th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
U-Turn

Ricky W wrote:
2.how much does dave stockton charge to build a wheel

$50 plus parts and shipping; $100 plus parts and shipping for 36" are
the typical figures I work with. It's more involved than that, but
that's close enough. Email me 'here' )
if you like.

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old October 15th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Ricky W wrote:
if I build a wheel instead of buying it it will be a bc wheel but I
think I am just going to buy one where I don't have to go through the
trouble of either getting it made, making it my self or anything else.
i do have one question while I'm in a thread that has a little bit to
do with bicycle wheel sets and i don't want to make a new thread. My
question is where can i get an axle for a unicycle hub and how would i
put it any or anything because the wheel set i want might not have a
wide enough axle for what i probably will do with it.

You need a special hub for a unicycle, which means relacing the wheel.

Old October 15th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ricky W

U-Turn wrote:
$50 plus parts and shipping; $100 plus parts and shipping for 36" are
the typical figures I work with. It's more involved than that, but
that's close enough. Email me 'here' )
if you like.

i'm just going to buy one already made

Old October 15th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ricky W

Borgschulze wrote:
You need a special hub for a unicycle, which means relacing the wheel.

i meant bicycle hub. I'm sorry i didn't notice that until it was to
late to edit it

Old October 15th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Ricky W wrote:
i meant bicycle hub. I'm sorry i didn't notice that until it was to
late to edit it

I bought some rims for my bike a few weeks back, they had super wide
axels... I'm sure you can find an axel long enough for what you need.