Nice Very Small Pump

Old April 13th 16, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Nice Very Small Pump

On 13/04/16 01:57, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 3:17:50 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 4/12/2016 5:04 PM, sms wrote:
I wanted a pump small enough for a seat bag but that can pump to
at least 100 pounds. These apparently are few and far between as
road bike users switch to CO2 cartridges.

That famous company, "Ohuhu," has a very nice small pump.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJTEESO. A little pricey but it's
not all plastic. eBay has them for a bit less.

From one of Scharf's websites: "We believe in guerilla [sic]
marketing. We engage with the all segments of the bicycling
community in the promotion of our products."

That obviously includes spamming rec.bicycles.tech.

Well, for $14 with Amazon Prime, it might be a bargain --
notwithstanding the guerrilla marketing. However, the statement that
these types of pumps are "few and far between" is utter nonsense --
unless you live somewhere with no internet or no decent LBS.
https://www.westernbikeworks.com/search/hand-pumps
https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...p?category=134

You owe! YOU OWE!

https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...drive-hpg-pump

Ordered. Dog I'm an Amazon Prime whore :-)
Old April 13th 16, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 10:30:55 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/13/2016 9:55 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 8:38:05 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/13/2016 8:21 AM, Duane wrote:

snip

I use this pump:
http://www.blackburndesign.com/en_ca...l#.Vw5h0vkrLs0

It would fit in my seat bag but I have no room there. This one mounts
under one of my bottle cage mounts. It can pump 130 psi though it gets
harder once over 110. I prefer the C02 method though so this pump now
only gets used to form the tube or when I run out of C02.

It doesn't do schraeder.

Yeah, I saw that one when I was looking for pumps. The problem is that I
need something that does both Presta and Schrader.

This is what I was looking for:

â–* 7.5" or less
â–* Capable of 100psi
â–* Presta/Schrader
â–* Not plastic

There aren't a lot of such pumps around. Lezyne makes two but they are
quire expensive. One is a CO2/hand pump combination but it's $65. It's a
good concept, use CO2 unless you run out.

Well, you can set parameters until you're blue in the face and then claim that nothing meets them. No offense to Joerg. Go to the Universal link I sent you or just buy a Pro CNC mini-pump -- if you want to spend the money.. That's the pump on my SuperSix, and it works well. I fixed two flats with it last weekend. My seat pack, however, will not fit a 7.5" pump, so it resides on my frame next to the DT cage.

Those parameters are not at all unreasonable. I wasn't demanding 160 psi
and 4". Just something that will fit in what I now understand to be a
rather large seat bag.

There must be more than a dozen that fit your needs at Universal. https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...p?category=134 Get a tiny Park pump. https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...8&category=134

Very difficult to go through those and find the dimensions. For some
reason they don't think the dimensions are important. The Park Pump is
too long. The Crank Brothers Gem Frame Pump (small) was all that I saw.

There are some articles that compare road pumps, i.e.
http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/article/best-mini-pumps-for-road-cyclists-43231/

Of those, only one met my rather reasonable criteria.
https://www.evanscycles.com/birzman-swift-hand-pump-120psi-mini-pump-EV230982

My mundane Pro pump fits all your requirements, and I just grabbed it off a peg board. On sale at Universal! https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...2&category=134

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 13th 16, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 2:57:50 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I got one that meets SMS' critera. I bought it for less than $20.00 at Canadian Tire. the pump has an aluminium alloy body and a dual head.

Btw, toe straps are fantastic for fastening something like a small pump or windshell under a seat bag.

Cheers
Old April 13th 16, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 6:19:07 PM UTC-7, James wrote:

The number of strokes is not a deal killer at all, for me.

Then you don't get flats very often. I tried using a good minipump the is a foot long and you could die of arm weariness before getting to 90 psi.

So I pretty much stick to CO2 or full-sized pumps.
Old April 13th 16, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

wrote:
On 4/12/2016 5:04 PM, sms wrote:
I wanted a pump small enough for a seat bag but that can pump to
at least 100 pounds. These apparently are few and far between as
road bike users switch to CO2 cartridges.

That famous company, "Ohuhu," has a very nice small pump.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJTEESO. A little pricey but it's
not all plastic. eBay has them for a bit less.

From one of Scharf's websites: "We believe in guerilla [sic]
marketing. We engage with the all segments of the bicycling
community in the promotion of our products."

That obviously includes spamming rec.bicycles.tech.

Well, for $14 with Amazon Prime, it might be a bargain --
notwithstanding the guerrilla marketing. However, the statement that
these types of pumps are "few and far between" is utter nonsense --
unless you live somewhere with no internet or no decent LBS.
https://www.westernbikeworks.com/search/hand-pumps
https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...p?category=134

You owe! YOU OWE!

https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...drive-hpg-pump

Ordered. Dog I'm an Amazon Prime whore :-)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UZO7RM is pretty strange. $42.95 -
$9,000.00 for the Lezyne Micro Drive HP Pump.

Old April 13th 16, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 4/13/2016 11:57 AM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

We have no stores like that in the SF Bay Area. It is actually pretty
odd that there are no shops similar to the two you always refer to.

Old April 13th 16, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...33.ZFCOrcTznoo

https://www.google.com/search?q=radi..._AUIBigA&dpr=1

https://www.google.com/search?q=radi... bniCJAQsAQIGw

think BIG

http://search.nrs.com/search?w=air%20pump

mini brain

RRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr_________________--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

?

not much enthusiasm here

https://www.google.com/search?site=i....Sz4y4 U_kEzY
Old April 14th 16, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:12:59 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 4/13/2016 9:16 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:04:02 -0700, sms
wrote:

I wanted a pump small enough for a seat bag but that can pump to at
least 100 pounds.

Have you considered a rotary hand pump?
http://www.rocpumps.com
Specs claim 5-130 psi:
http://www.rocpumps.com/97475/816649/roc-pro/roc-ultra-compact-hand-pump

It's really difficult to pump up a tire with a concept.

Yes, but it's really easy to pump up the stock price with a concept.

Ok, we'll forget about that one for now. How about a hub-pump?
http://www.pump-hub.com
http://www.cultofmac.com/284067/pump-hub/

Or, just buy a "public bicycle pump" and install it where you usually
get a flat ti
http://www.cyclehoop.com/product/public-bike-pump/public-bike-pump/

I just searched for a hand held, battery operated, electric air pump.
Nothing found. It should be possible to motorize a hand pump. There's
plenty of power in a LiIon 18650 cell.

For the ultimate fast tire fill, methinks a tire stem to .22 caliber
barrel would be useful. Just modify the common Ramset gun, insert a
..22 cartridge that will belch the required gasses, and discharge the
Ramset gun into the tire.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=ramset+gun
Be sure to leave out the nail.

--