Whee winter solstice

Old December 22nd 03, 08:27 AM
Mikael Seierup

Default Whee winter solstice

From now on it gets lighter. :-)
About time too. Day was down to 6 hours 56 mins here.

Mikael
Old December 22nd 03, 09:52 PM
Gary Mc

Mikael,

I remembering jogging at noon in Bremerhaven at this time of year.
The long shadows and low light reminded me of sunset. It must be just
that much worse in much of Denmark. It is no wonder that all us
pagans took to celebrating the rebirth of the sun.

I also remember waking up to sunshine at 0300 hrs in June.

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

From now on it gets lighter. :-)

Old December 24th 03, 01:21 PM
TBRADSTER

Now the light comes back...
My winter solstice ride was 23 mi this year. Unseasonably warm weather for
Michigan this time of year. Have had some late 30's, low 40's.

The solstice has always marked a turning point for me in winter riding. I
start getting fired up about the riding season to come. In January, I look
forward to the TOSRV signup about the middle of the month and in February the
DALMAC applications mail. Gets me through the cold and dark.

Happy Holidays!

Brad Eschler
New Linear Welded LWB (nice!)
Linear Folder
R40
RANS Rocket
Old December 29th 03, 01:24 PM
Dave Larrington

Mikael Seierup wrote:
From now on it gets lighter. :-)

Not here :-( Next door to the Nut Mines in which I while away my daylight
hours they are building a big block of flats, cunningly positioned to block
the last remaining window through which anything other than bricks can be
seen...

AND it's raining. Bah!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/