Some days are just GOOD

Old March 20th 05, 02:25 PM
wafflycat

"Mike McGuire" wrote in message
k.net...

That being said I get a certain amount of guilty pleasure breezing past
similar types, usually on hills and thinking if not saying "you've been
passed by a 59 year-old with an artificial hip."

Mike

Nice one!

Cheers, helen s

Old March 21st 05, 02:45 PM
Maggie

Michael wrote:
wafflycat wrote:

I was out on the bike this afternoon. It was a thoroughly glorious

day, even
the wind was warm. Loads of newborn lambs in fields, primroses

blooming in
the verges and I saw a stag with three hinds resting in a field.

They were
totally unconcerned by large woman in fluorescent Lycra pootling

by.

On way back home, cycling through a village I was overtaken by a

fit young
man on a mountain bike. Serious stuff - he was sipping from his

camelbak and
had his head down - he was pedalling hard. My cheery "afternoon"

was
ignored. Fit young blokes on MTBs, going fast whilst sipping from

their
Camelbak are not going to acknowledge the existance of the

middle-aged woman
in Lycra on a tourer with mudguards, pannier rack & Brooks cotton

duck
saddlebag.

Fit young bloke started to zoom off, and I thought "B*gg*r it, I've

lost
weight, I wonder if I can catch him?" So I set off. I caught him

within a
100 yards or so and sailed past him. As I did so, I offered a

cheery
"Afternoon. There's life in the old girl yet." and zoomed off in

front of
him. It was only much further on when I had to stop for traffic

that he came
by me - and only because he went illegal by going on the pavement

at speed
(pavement = footpath on this side of the pond and cycling on the

pavement is
illegal). I don't do pavements. Must admit, I enjoyed myself

immensely
overtaking the fit young bloke. Makes the weight loss worthwhile

:-)

Cheers, helen s

I go to extraordinary lengths to keep myself aft of women bicyclists

who are
wearing Lycra.
While getting around me might boost their self-image, being behind

them
definitely improves the scenery, from my vantage point. ;-)

This reminds me of the Seinfeld Episode where Kramer got the wrong
license plate. It read "assman". I guess you are one too. ;-) Funny
one.
Maggie
YADA YADA YADA