TopGear - Bike v Boat v Car

Old December 13th 07, 05:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dtmeister

Default TopGear - Bike v Boat v Car

I'm not usually interested in the petrol heads on Top Gear. However,
someone told me about this race across London in peak hour between
the Top Gear hosts. Bike v car v boat v public transport.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WWjij5wKw

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2zPzTYZLWE

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyYkjPYa7w

--
..dt
Old December 13th 07, 08:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

In article , dtmeister wrote:
I'm not usually interested in the petrol heads on Top Gear. However,
someone told me about this race across London in peak hour between
the Top Gear hosts. Bike v car v boat v public transport.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WWjij5wKw

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2zPzTYZLWE

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyYkjPYa7w

and as we all expected ... the bicycle was faster in the city. Reflects my
experience in Tokyo taking bicycle vs public transport.

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove undies for reply
Old December 13th 07, 01:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-12-13, Obakesan (aka Bruce)
In article , dtmeister wrote:
I'm not usually interested in the petrol heads on Top Gear. However,
someone told me about this race across London in peak hour between
the Top Gear hosts. Bike v car v boat v public transport.

and as we all expected ... the bicycle was faster in the city. Reflects my
experience in Tokyo taking bicycle vs public transport.

Tokyo trains slower than bicycle? You must be mistaken!

--
TimC
It's written GNU/Linux, and pronounced "Linux". Or, "Linux, with a
Old December 13th 07, 04:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Hi

In article ,
On 2007-12-13, Obakesan (aka Bruce)
In article , dtmeister

wrote:
I'm not usually interested in the petrol heads on Top Gear. However,
someone told me about this race across London in peak hour between
the Top Gear hosts. Bike v car v boat v public transport.

and as we all expected ... the bicycle was faster in the city. Reflects my
experience in Tokyo taking bicycle vs public transport.

Tokyo trains slower than bicycle? You must be mistaken!

it depends. For example, I lived in Bunkyou-ku, and to get to Shinjuku I
needed to take Chyoda-sen and Maronouchi-sen or perhaps the Tozai-sen.
Depending on the time and or crowding I could just Or I could cross in a more
or less straight line and be there in not much time at all.

(though I'd regularly cheat and take my scooter if I was lazy)

:-)