Unwarranted Paselagasm: Now they get creepy

Old May 13th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Unwarranted Paselagasm: Now they get creepy

On May 13, 2:48 pm, Mike Elliott wrote:
On 5/13/2008 10:13 AM landotter wrote:

For a good long while I used to think it was a
woman's prison [...] I'd
always slow down and think about bringing me a corsage and maybe some
double sided tape for next time so I could fetch me a wife on the sly,
as they probably don't allow for straight pins.

Wow. You know, I'm pretty sure I would not have given that quite as much
thought.

Long solo rides without the bad influence of club dudes lets me go a
bit Lynchian upstairs. Beats counting grams!

Old May 13th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

--
Mike RJS

Oh, I don't know, this Landotter guy is very productively weird. When
I was a teenager and a young man, it was the done thing if you arrived
in a strange country town in South Africa where I grew up, to present
yourself at the lounge in the nurse's hostel standing beside the local
hospital. If you were presentable and sober you would be made welcome,
and you might find a date for the evening, especially if there were
two or more young men in your party. And the only price was that the
Matron would insist on quizzing you, and making a little speech about
how she was responsible for these girls and if you returned her
charges after midnight, she sure as hell would call your mother (whose
name she had discovered from you) and drop you in hot water. Many a
tongue-tied young man married the nurse he met in some strange town
where his family had sent him on business. Now, if we'd only thought
of presenting ourselves at the woman's prison {with corsages on double-
sided tape, heh-heh) we could have skipped the speeches and gotten
straight down to business... Ah, what innocent days!

Andre Jute
Still a country boy at heart
Old May 14th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

On 5/13/2008 1:12 PM landotter wrote:

On May 13, 2:48 pm, Mike Elliott wrote:
On 5/13/2008 10:13 AM landotter wrote:

For a good long while I used to think it was a
woman's prison [...] I'd
always slow down and think about bringing me a corsage and maybe some
double sided tape for next time so I could fetch me a wife on the sly,
as they probably don't allow for straight pins.

Wow. You know, I'm pretty sure I would not have given that quite as much
thought.

Long solo rides without the bad influence of club dudes lets me go a
bit Lynchian upstairs. Beats counting grams!

Okay, point taken. And one is probably marginally more likely to get you
laid than the other. But at what cost, my friend? At what cost?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

Old May 14th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 13, 8:12 pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 5/13/2008 1:12 PM landotter wrote:

On May 13, 2:48 pm, Mike Elliott wrote:
On 5/13/2008 10:13 AM landotter wrote:

For a good long while I used to think it was a
woman's prison [...] I'd
always slow down and think about bringing me a corsage and maybe some
double sided tape for next time so I could fetch me a wife on the sly,
as they probably don't allow for straight pins.

Wow. You know, I'm pretty sure I would not have given that quite as much
thought.

Long solo rides without the bad influence of club dudes lets me go a
bit Lynchian upstairs. Beats counting grams!

Okay, point taken. And one is probably marginally more likely to get you
laid than the other. But at what cost, my friend? At what cost?

There's no turning back now, only visions of roadside midgets ringing
me up the hills with cowbells! Velvet curtains...wheee!

That said, I pulled a small group a good six miles today (I'd invited
them as I'd passed) and as I slowed down for my mellow cruise past the
cow farm, they were still there--never heard a freewheel behind me so
I thought I dropped them. I invited them to pass, as I'd had my fun
and waited for them to speak...and it wasn't backwards. All good!

Mmmm, pie.
Old May 14th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
On 5/13/2008 1:12 PM landotter wrote:

On May 13, 2:48 pm, Mike Elliott wrote:
On 5/13/2008 10:13 AM landotter wrote:
For a good long while I used to think it was a
woman's prison [...] I'd
always slow down and think about bringing me a corsage and maybe some
double sided tape for next time so I could fetch me a wife on the sly,
as they probably don't allow for straight pins.
Wow. You know, I'm pretty sure I would not have given that quite as much
thought.
Long solo rides without the bad influence of club dudes lets me go a
bit Lynchian upstairs. Beats counting grams!

Okay, point taken. And one is probably marginally more likely to get you
laid than the other. But at what cost, my friend? At what cost?

There's no turning back now, only visions of roadside midgets ringing
me up the hills with cowbells! Velvet curtains...wheee!

And is that Dean Stockwell drafting behind you?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

Old May 14th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

wrote:
[...]

My choice of spirit guide is personal. You want a Gabor sister on a
Cervelo smoking a cigar--knock yourself out!

Old May 14th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
[...]

Ah, sorry to intrude. Quite right, quite right, it is a personal matter.
Milo Kunis on a unicycle in the conservatory with aplomb.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

Old May 14th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

wrote:
[...]

Milo? Her lesser known brother with the conservative velocipede
ministry? That's sick. You need more Varga, less Delta 88 on the brain!
Old May 14th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Luke

In article
,
landotter wrote:

just flowing past the
crowd, like on a marshmallow track, in my comfy old timey flared
drops,

I love the geometry of the Randonneur; it's the most natural bend I've
encountered.
Old May 14th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 14, 4:36 pm, Luke wrote:
In article
,landotte r wrote:

just flowing past the
crowd, like on a marshmallow track, in my comfy old timey flared
drops,

I love the geometry of the Randonneur; it's the most natural bend I've
encountered.

Ya, I was pricing converting the city bike over to Randos, Tektro RL
520s, and some Ultegra bar-ends--as I the combo between the Tektro
lever and the Nitto bar turned out to be the best bar/lever combo I've
ever enjoyed. Would only run $150 or so...but that's real beer money!