Calfee Stiletto Pick by Velo News as one of the top 5 coolest bikes of Interbike

Old October 18th 03, 03:58 PM

Default Calfee Stiletto Pick by Velo News as one of the top 5 coolest bikes of Interbike

In my book this is huge since I can't even remember the last time VN
even printed the word recumbent. I know most of you here probably
don't know what VN is, only the best bike racing mag there is really.I
know this must sicken a few of you...but it's making our day at
Calfee. This is the bike a lot of those racers will buy. Oh and
Joshua, the fairings are around in just about any color you want. You
folks hang in there....RCN and BROL will have test articles in there
soon. In 2004 I'll be taking the Stiletto around the country for
various events so some of you will see first hand just how nice these
bikes are and how well they go
Freddy
Old October 18th 03, 06:11 PM
EVSolutions

Congrats
BTW the deal was the 1st one sold to someone other than Gabriel (with the
fairing attached) before Dec.31...I would not accept (you know what) if I
won. The Toronto Bike Show is the end of February at the National Trade
Centre..3 days where manufacturers and dealers let the Lycra dudes kick the
tires...not a lot of bents show up though, but enough to keep it
interesting...so if UR in the neighborhood drop by....PS I hear the weather
is nice in Buffalo NY Feb 28 HaHa

Joshua
*****
m...

Old October 18th 03, 08:56 PM
bentbiker

NO knock on the Stiletto, i'm sure it's a great bike, but "cool'? not
IMO, it's a carbon fiber toureasy. My guess it got the nod, being carbon
fiber, but more so, due to "Fast Freddie". Now Karl Swanson's CF bike,
that's cool :-)

EVSolutions wrote:
Congrats
BTW the deal was the 1st one sold to someone other than Gabriel (with the
fairing attached) before Dec.31...I would not accept (you know what) if I
won. The Toronto Bike Show is the end of February at the National Trade
Centre..3 days where manufacturers and dealers let the Lycra dudes kick the
tires...not a lot of bents show up though, but enough to keep it
interesting...so if UR in the neighborhood drop by....PS I hear the weather
is nice in Buffalo NY Feb 28 HaHa

Joshua
*****
m...

Old October 18th 03, 11:00 PM
Robert Siegel

Go baby! Your dream may be coming true. Good for you for going for it, no
matter what anyone thinks.

Your lifetime of fast recumbent riding experience is summed up in the new
Fast Freddy-Calfee Stiletto ... and I for one hope it is the leader of the
next generation of REALLY FAST recumbents.

If you can make a truly fast, durable and lightweight roadie LWB, you will
be a BIG winner because classic LWB (i.e., GRR )designs beat SWB's out of
the blocks for comfort, control, safety and overall human "fit".

Good, no great, luck!!!

Gator Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL
m...

Old October 19th 03, 01:55 AM
Tom Sherman

Robert Siegel wrote:
If you can make a truly fast, durable and lightweight roadie LWB, you will
be a BIG winner because classic LWB (i.e., GRR )designs beat SWB's out of
the blocks for comfort, control, safety and overall human "fit"....

Speak for yourself - some of us are much happier with a reclined seat
and a higher BB.

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers
Old October 19th 03, 06:05 AM
Robert Siegel

I did. ;-))

the fact that RCN's Bob Bryant has expressed essentially the same opinion
doesn't make me right, but ....

However, you are correct that a ZZipper-faired Ti Rush with a few extras ---
pedals, cyclometer, bottle cages, kickstand ---weighs in the mid-30 pound
range. I own one.

Gator Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL ... near the confluence of The Swamp and
his local barber shop.

"Tom Sherman" wrote

Old October 19th 03, 11:21 AM
EVSolutions

I think it is kinda cool having a DF builder like Calfee take a chance on a
LWB and then have it turn out this good. IF it works financially for Fred
Markham and Calfee, then Calfee AND other high quality DF builders will be
more inclined to do bent designs of their own and we all win. If this works
out well for Fast Freddie I'll bet Gardner Martin will be sleeping with one
eye open.
I Still don't trust the Black Fairing though LOL

Joshua
*****