The 'bent scene today: still a fever for coroplast? : )

Old October 21st 03, 02:59 AM
Jeff Potter

Default The 'bent scene today: still a fever for coroplast? : )

Anyone care to take a stab at what they think the bent scene is like
today? How has it changed recently?

I'm also wondering if people are as coo-coo for coroplast as they were a
few years back.

I think it's great stuff, but offhand (I'm a bit out of the loop) it
seems like not as much is being done.

It seems like Low-racers are going great guns. As are perhaps Compacts.
Seems like maybe prices are coming way down for high quality compacts.

Or maybe it's all 'whistling in the graveyard'?

Are there any clearly bestselling overall bents? Are SWB's as popular as
ever? Does the TE keep chugging away on top?

I did note that the Sun EZ Trike was 'world's bestselling bent' there.
Interesting stuff.

Has Bob Bryant or Bryan done a recent "State of the Biz" essay?

Thanks!

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old October 21st 03, 08:39 AM
Mikael Seierup

Might want to tell yourself that theres a world outside the US too. ;-)
(As most of your questions only have meaning in the US)

Cheers
Mikael

.. .

Old October 21st 03, 02:04 PM
Tom Sherman

Mikael Seierup wrote:

[...]

I would be surprised if corrugated polymer board [1] was not available
in Europe.

Most lowracers currently being produced [2] are from Europe.

Bryan Ball is currently in Europe courtesy of the United States Air
Force.

[1] To use the generic term - Coroplast is a registered trademark.
[2] As are most out of production lowracers. However, as we all know,
the best out of production lowracer was built in Minneapolis, Minnesota
USA.

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers

Old October 21st 03, 02:05 PM
Mikael Seierup

"Tom Sherman" skrev

I would be surprised if corrugated polymer board [1] was not available
in Europe.

Well if you could find me some pieces greater than a sheet of paper
here in Denmark I'd be eternally grateful. Might even say nice things
about that little runt of a bike you keep babbling about. ;o)

Mikael

Old October 21st 03, 03:41 PM
DrRecumbnt

I think to do a proper North American "state of 'bent" article, you'd have to
be at Interbike and carefully analyze what's going on.

Sadly, homebuilder stuff seems to have really lost steam over the last few
years. This could be do to lots of low end recumbents available.

Also, it appears that the recumbent sales leaders are changing. This year's
Interbike show was different. For me, a positive change. This was odd
considering we're in a down market.

It will also be interesting to see what happens with Vision. I'm also wondering
how BiGHA will do.

I guess I'll write that article.

Bob Bryant
http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

Old October 21st 03, 03:49 PM
Jerry Rhodes

"Mikael Seierup" wrote in message ...
Might want to tell yourself that theres a world outside the US too. ;-)

You are so right Mikael, TEXAS!

Jerry(430 meters from Mexico)Rhodes