Breakaways at the Tour De France

Old July 20th 11, 02:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Breakaways at the Tour De France

Here we go again! Another breakaway does it. I've kinda lost count of
the number of wins by breakaways in this tour. Voeckler got his yellow
out of a breakaway.

I guess it is too late for Cadel to get himself into a breakaway now and
probably not necessary given his superb performance in Stage 16. He
should be able to peg back Voeckler in the next coupla stages.

But giving Voeckler his due, he has done well in defending the yellow
jersey for someone who reckons he has zero chance of keeping it. Always
at the pointy end of the peloton, he was.

Seeing the Schleks crumble in the last 10-15kms was a bit surprising. I
guess only Frank is gonna challenge Cadel now.

I don't understand why Contador is still being held in such fear by the
riders at the moment. I mean he's got to be out of the picture with his
3'42" deficit. He did start that attack which finally broke the Schleks,
though.

Does parity in this years tour indicate a clean Tour de France ? Choppy Warburton Racing 7 July 20th 11 10:45 AM
Breakaways John Dean Racing 4 July 18th 10 11:00 AM
bicycle travel on plane to France/Tour De France [email protected] General 11 June 3rd 09 07:56 PM
Tour de France = Tour de Fraud = Deaths and Suicides wilhelm Racing 5 August 7th 06 08:12 AM
Tour de France tour company page updated Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 10 December 3rd 03 08:20 AM