Happy Wheels at Kingsford - revisited

Old June 29th 11, 05:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Happy Wheels at Kingsford - revisited

OK, I have mentioned that weird looking fellow at Happy Wheels,
Kingsford. You know, that bloke with the green mohawk and painted finger
nails?

Well, I had been back to get some brake pads and noticed he had an
orange mohawk that time but that is not what I wanted to point out.

Some time after getting the brake pads, I was talking to Anthony, a mate
of mine who commutes on a mountain bike, and he told me that, that
strange looking fellow was actually some kind of world champion!

Now I didn't know that and decided to have a closer look at his website
- well I just assumed he had one and googled it up. Lo and behold, there
it was and his resume made interesting reading.

http://happywheels.com.au/about-stew

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward"), was the 2010 World Masters Games Criterium Gold
Medalist! I guess it is for his age group as I am assuming that is what
the World Masters are about.

On the one hand, I feel a bit silly now, in a way, cos I didn't know who
he was and he acted real humble, treated me right and sold me gear at,
what I thought, was, rock bottom prices BUT, on the other hand, we were
interacting as supplier and customer, so maybe, my purchasing power gave
me some clout - all of $20 for two pairs of brake pads and don't forget
the $70 for the pair of 700x23 tyres.

He does seem always busy working on bikes and actually knocked back
working on me mate's bike, according to Anthony, but then I work on my
own bike anyway. Might check out how he goes with truing wheels though,
as I admitted to him earlier that I was hopeless at it - he quoted me
$30 per wheel.

Why am I telling you guys this? I dunno. Most of you folks don't live
near Kingsford, NSW anyway I am probably bored, I think
Old June 30th 11, 04:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:
[...]

I drive through sometimes
Old July 1st 11, 05:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should have
had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I was
typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it was -
now I know
Old July 2nd 11, 03:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message ...
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should have
had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I was
typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it was -
now I know

But "Stew" is in "Steward".
Old July 2nd 11, 04:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 2/07/2011 12:28 PM, tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should
have had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I
was typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it
was - now I know

But "Stew" is in "Steward".

Yeah, I know, "Stew" is also in Beef

Old July 2nd 11, 05:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 2/07/2011 1:06 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 2/07/2011 12:28 PM, tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should
have had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I
was typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it
was - now I know

But "Stew" is in "Steward".

Yeah, I know, "Stew" is also in Beef

NO - Beef is in stew
Old July 3rd 11, 07:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 2/07/2011 2:18 PM, Rob wrote:
On 2/07/2011 1:06 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 2/07/2011 12:28 PM, tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time
round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean
"Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should
have had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I
was typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it
was - now I know

But "Stew" is in "Steward".

Yeah, I know, "Stew" is also in Beef

NO - Beef is in stew

Sorry, of cos, you are right but you do get the general drift of what I
was trying to say in a mongulated sort of way
Old July 3rd 11, 07:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 2/07/2011 3:10 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Sat, 02 Jul 2011
13:06:50 +1000, writing in aus.bicycle:

On 2/07/2011 12:28 PM, tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock"glock@home wrote in message
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should
have had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I
was typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it
was - now I know

But "Stew" is in "Steward".

Yeah, I know, "Stew" is also in Beef

I don't want to be pedantic (yes I do), but I always thought that it was
"Beef" that was in "Stew".gd&r

Gawd Awright awright ))) What next, eh? Eh? Pork? Lamb? Chicken?
EH??? )
Old July 4th 11, 08:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 4/07/2011 12:44 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Sun, 03 Jul 2011
16:19:24 +1000, writing in aus.bicycle:

On 2/07/2011 3:10 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lockglock@home on Sat, 02 Jul 2011
13:06:50 +1000, writing in aus.bicycle:

On 2/07/2011 12:28 PM, tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock"glock@home wrote in message
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

But "Stew" is in "Steward".

Yeah, I know, "Stew" is also in Beef

I don't want to be pedantic (yes I do), but I always thought that it was
"Beef" that was in "Stew".gd&r

Gawd Awright awright ))) What next, eh? Eh? Pork? Lamb? Chicken?
EH??? )

LOL, we thought that might get your attention. :-)

Got any good recipes, mate?
Old July 6th 11, 10:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Krypsis

On 2/07/2011 12:28 PM, tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 30/06/2011 2:37 AM, Geoff Lock wrote:

In summary, Stew (I thought he introduced himself the second time round
as "Stu", as in "Stuart" but in retrospect, he probably DID mean "Stew"
as in "Steward")

Now I know what has been niggling me these coupla days, that should
have had been "Stewart" and not "Steward". It didn't seem right when I
was typing the above paragraph but I just couldn't figure out what it
was - now I know

But "Stew" is in "Steward".

Got a stew on the stove! Does that count??

Krypsis

Happy 39th Birthday to the Yellow Cow on Bicycle Wheels Tom Sherman °_°[_2_] Techniques 11 April 3rd 10 10:37 PM
C-Record headset & wheels, other Campy wheels, XT/Mavic mtb wheels,Cannondale frame... zip27514 Marketplace 0 July 2nd 08 05:24 AM
Shoeless Joe - revisited Mamba Mountain Biking 3 November 10th 07 05:22 AM
Helmets revisited Jeff A UK 6 December 15th 04 02:44 PM
training wheels for rollers revisited -- front roller placement, steel pipe rollers F1 Techniques 1 November 25th 03 05:46 PM