Drag Brake Setup??

Old March 3rd 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Drag Brake Setup??

Does anyone have a pic of their drag brake setup, and "how to" info?
I've heard Roger talk about using these http://tinyurl.com/cvtm8 and
wondered what was needed to implement using them.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old March 3rd 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

You might want to do a search for brake, but 'here's a thread '
(http://tinyurl.com/mmhf4)about the brake I installed on a Coker
that can be used as a drag brake. Complete with pictures.

--
brian.slater

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
to confuse me, that will confuse me.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Old March 3rd 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

pdc wrote:
Does anyone have a pic of their drag brake setup, and "how to" info?
I've heard Roger talk about using these http://tinyurl.com/cvtm8 and
wondered what was needed to implement using them.

Sarah Miller and Paul Selwood have these on their cokers.

To implement it, attach one of these levers instead of the brake lever
and fit a cable operated brake, I believe they have side-pull caliper
brakes, which worked okay on the stock coker rim.

If you want a drag brake lever in addition to a non-drag brake, you
have to do more complicated things with the cable. Sheldonbrown.com has
something with a nutty double brake lever setup that might help here.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44