cop stories

Old May 5th 05, 05:52 PM
llaman

Default cop stories

So I was just riding around K-State doing some bench hopping, and I had
a b*cycle cop roll up to me and tell me I had to stop jumping on the
structures because I was a "liability".

This got me thinking... a forum of unicyclers HAS to have some good cop
stories... let's hear'm!

--
llaman - average joe muni'er

Kansas Muni - the wizard of oz can't do this...
llaman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9798

Old May 5th 05, 06:05 PM
halfbike

I was riding no helmet no nothing, swerving all over in the middle of
the road. Suddenly a cop pulls around corner. We're head to head. I
ride for the sidewalk to get out of the way. And then he just drives
right by like he didn't even see me(enenthough we locked eyes for a
second).

This shows that some cops are cool!

--
halfbike - Obsessed Rider

Every great person has a signature. This is mine.
halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428

Old May 5th 05, 06:08 PM
chosen

i rode by cops on my giraffe when i used to ride it and i just gave them
a peace sign. they never say anything even when im in the road.

--
chosen - For The Cause

formerly allthingsuni

http://www.bboy.org/gallery/showphot...t=500 &page=1
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Old May 5th 05, 06:10 PM
BoojiBoy

Not really a COP story, but my brother and I were riding around the
federal building downtown and a security guard was watching us kind of
closely. Finally we rode by him and he started saying how cool it was
and that we should be performers. He made us do some tricks for him
including pedal grabs on some cement walls and blocks there. He didn't
care about any liability. It was awesome.

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.com
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

Old May 5th 05, 06:36 PM
mucRider

A local police officer saw me riding in my neighborhood park. He asked
me if I had a license for my unicycle. I told him I left it at home.

I saw him again several months later and he commented about how my
riding had improved.

That's my only cop story. They usually just look, shake their heads and
smile.

--
mucRider - From the Over 50 Group

Life is like a garbage can .... you get out of it what you put into it.
mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119

Old May 5th 05, 06:59 PM
phlegm

I had a cop in a small town stop me while I was riding my bike because
he didn't like the way I looked at him.

Once when I was a teenager, I was waiting for my mom in a parking lot
while she was inside at a local art gallery. I was wandering around and
some cop decided to follow me - I guess he thought I was trouble. He
tried to be sneaky about it, but I could tell he was watching me
everytime I turned around. So I led him to my parents' beat up station
wagon in the parking lot and started kicking it and climbing on it.
When he started yelling and running toward me, I pulled out the key and
got in the car.

A couple months ago I had a cop give me a lecture for driving a couple
blocks and then turning into my driveway after he first flashed his
lights at me. He originally pulled me over because my tail lights had
gone out, but he was all flustered because I didn't pull over
immediately.

I've never encountered a cop when I was doing something "dangerous" on
my unicycle, so I'm not sure what would happen.

--
phlegm - skill level e
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old May 5th 05, 07:03 PM
bugman

halfbike wrote:
*I was riding no helmet no nothing, swerving all over in the middle of
the road. Suddenly a cop pulls around corner. We're head to head. I
ride for the sidewalk to get out of the way. And then he just drives
right by like he didn't even see me(enenthough we locked eyes for a
second).

This shows that some cops are cool! *

Probably just on his way home for Dinner.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

-* [ F O N T = c e n t u r y g o t h i c ] ' H e l p C u r e D i a
b e t e s b y S u p p o r t i n g M y R i d e ' ( h t t p : /
/ t i n y u r l . c o m / 6 8 m k v ) [ / F O N T ] * -

*Fund Raising Honor Roll*
Kathy Susanka

Old May 5th 05, 07:18 PM
David_Stone

As a native NY'er who's ridden in The City almost every day for the past
25 years, you'd think I'd have a few cop tales to tell. I do.

1. I got pulled over for riding thru a red light when the car that was
down the block (and heading the other way towards that light) turned out
to be a cop car. The driver was really nice and just warned me about
riding against the light. It was not a great move by me, but I do it
fairly often when I judge it's safe.

2. A cop put on the squelch lights and sounds and pulled me over as I
was Cokering home on what I thought was a bike path. He said, "That's
cool. Where can I order one?"

3. I was riding my 20" freestyle across Central Park. There were three
bike cops out trying to enforce (thru warnings) the rule that you can't
bike in the park except on certain paths. So as I got towards him, he
says, "Excuse me, there is no biking on this path." I said, "OK, well if
I see anyone on a bike, I'll let them know." But then I calmly
dismounted as his buddies laughed and walked until he was unable to see
me. I rode on and arrived at another checkpoint. The cops there all gave
me the thumbs up and the head cop said, "Cool."

David Stone

--
David_Stone
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old May 5th 05, 08:01 PM
llaman

Phlegm.... you are definately the winner so far with that jumpin on the
car and kickin it crap :- )

Old May 5th 05, 08:58 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

phlegm wrote:
*I led him to my parents' beat up station wagon in the parking lot and
started kicking it and climbing on it. When he started yelling and
running toward me, I pulled out the key and got in the car.
*

LOL!!!

My cops stories:

ha·rass
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.

I have written urban less than a dozen times. I have been stopped by
police 4 times. 2 of the times, I was with other riders and NOT riding
myself. Another time, I was riding on a rail of a railroad (some
distance away from the street). Another time, I was riding backwards
along side the road, saw the police car coming, got off, tossed the
unicycle in the gutter, and sat down (so that they would just drive by).
The cop stopped and asked if I was OK - she guessed that I had injured
myself because I looked frustrated! I was frustrated - with having to
deal with cops at all.

I don't do rail grinds, damaging things or endanger people. I'd like to
simply be left alone altogether by police.
I DON'T want to have a chat with them (they always seem to force a
"good-natured" talk, when I just want them to go away).

Fortunately, when I ride UMX I never get stopped.

That's because there are no donut shops in the woods.
(The steriotype is appropriate. The local police are EXTREMELY
overweight for some reason)

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Two stories from the NE (of England) Colin Blackburn UK 0 February 18th 05 09:36 AM
Any horror stories out there related to integrated headsets? Basjan Techniques 8 October 24th 04 12:48 AM
More LBS stories tcmedara Mountain Biking 36 June 12th 04 03:00 AM
clipless horror stories Gary General 30 April 26th 04 02:15 PM
Top 5 Stories Stage 7 Ken Papai Racing 1 July 13th 03 05:45 AM