24"/26" interchangability

Old September 22nd 04, 09:56 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

Default 24"/26" interchangability

BB Wrote:

Why is it that every time someone replies to me, its as if the
previous
conversation never happened? I said you'd have to use discs since rim
brakes won't line up - he said some people just live without one brake.
replied that the loss of a brake would be rather significant. OK?

the reason it seems the previous conversation never happened is
confusion. when phil asked "how is it dumb?"
you said "losing one brake..."
the problem is phil is also the one who suggested no brakes. my
original post clarified i would have disc brakes. that is the post phil
was asking how it was dumb. (although yes i have ridden brakeless
before. it is a rush)

....but is your 20" (I assume that's wheel size, not frame) more
nimble
because the wheels are smaller or because the FRAME is smaller? There's
lot more difference between those two bikes than the wheels.

that is the jist of my original question. you are right, the frame
will have alot more impact on the matter. i was curious about what
effect wheel size plays, and if it had been tried before.

Again, I say go for it. Maybe you'll discover something great..or
maybe
you'll find that frame design makes a lot more difference than wheel
size,
and waste a lot of time rebuilding wheels. Either way you'll have an
interesting story.

if i suddenly i have more money than i know what to do with, i may
still try it. although the logical thing to do is to try to get used
to the bike as is first.
sorry if i seemed to be a smart ass, just a little misunderstanding i
guess.

if i do try the new wheels, i'll be sure to let everyone know how it
works.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha