New(er) parking designs

Old March 22nd 06, 01:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default New(er) parking designs

http://www.cyclepods.co.uk

AND

http://www.biceberg.es/INGLES/index.htm

--
flyingdutch

Old March 22nd 06, 03:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle

The biceberg is a thing of beauty & a joy forever - cannot wait to see
these popping up all over Melb.

Not sure about the cyclepod - don't think the engineers would be too
happy about handlebars at eye level... but a nice concept - there's
gotta be a better way to park bikes than the current hoops.

Old March 23rd 06, 05:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

EuanB Wrote:
Dang, the rate we're going we could do with one of these at home.
Wonder if you can get one on a turntable so you can put it in the
corner of a room? :-)

checkout their storage/locker thingies which do just what you say.
couldnt be too hard to setup

I wanna batman slidedown pole and bike-selector button to
the-shed-of-truth

F"I choose you, commuter-pig-amon"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Well get digging then.

Old March 25th 06, 12:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

persia wrote:
The biceberg is a thing of beauty & a joy forever - cannot wait to see
these popping up all over Melb.

Two questions on this one
1) what happens when the power goes out?
2) how long does it take to produce a bicycle from lowest level?

oh and a 3rd

3) how vandal proof is it?

Not sure about the cyclepod - don't think the engineers would be too
happy about handlebars at eye level... but a nice concept - there's
gotta be a better way to park bikes than the current hoops.

Wondering if it is designed for mudguards?
Betcha it isn't.

Old March 25th 06, 02:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle

bear Wrote:[color=blue]

Two questions on this one
1) what happens when the power goes out?
2) how long does it take to produce a bicycle from lowest level?

oh and a 3rd

3) how vandal proof is it?

1 - no idea
2 - no idea
3 - no idea
4 - mudguards??? how would they affect it? am i missing something?

--
flyingdutch

Old March 25th 06, 01:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch wrote:
bear Wrote:

4 - mudguards??? how would they affect it? am i missing something?

I was talking about that pole hanger one, but it could also apply to the
cabinent one.

If you ride a bicycle with mudguards and have to wheel stand it onto the
back wheel, you sudenly find you are sitting on your mudguard and
relector instead of rubber.

And I suspect that an effective front mudguard would have trouble with
the suspension loop.

and it might be a good guess that the iceberg/cabinent might not have
been designed long enough to take bikes with mudguards either.