Switching from Z-Link to Straddle Wire on Cantilever Brakes--Is therean issue I'm not realizing?

Old December 14th 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Switching from Z-Link to Straddle Wire on Cantilever Brakes--Isthere an issue I'm not realizing?

On 2015-12-12 21:53, John B. wrote:

[...]

(In Japan, in the old days, the Bar Girls would have named you
"Bull**** Boy")

If they don't understand English it's their problem.

ISTM that when you want to impress us with your manliness, you talk
about high speeds and narrow escapes on super-rough trails. Now you want
to back track and sound like a very ordinary rider.

Maybe you should give us your average distances and average times. We'll
do the division.

I did that for you already if you had read carefully but maybe that's
not quite your strength. My average trail speed is 10-12mph. On the road
13-15mph, depending on how hilly it is. Sometimes more but then I am
very exhausted at the end and that's not my riding style.

The material has to withstand higher trail speeds because 20mph on some
stretches of trail is normal. Else the average would be much lower.

It's go nothing to do with manliness. Other riders go at a similar clip
and this includes women. Whether you believe it or not there's a few
riders going significantly faster than I do. Not often on MTB but
certainly on road bikes.

Concerning material, yesterday I cleaned my old MTB trunk bag that got
replaced by more sturdy panniers. It's made of pretty good nylon like
backpacks. In the right side pocket I found a little rock piece and in
the bottom of that pocket a 9mm hole. Since a bullet can't come from
below and there also was no bullet in there I guess the rock made that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old December 15th 15, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:05:58 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

Joerg considered Mon, 14 Dec 2015
07:36:35 -0800 the perfect time to write:

On 2015-12-12 21:53, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

You have an astounding imagination.

And, a very active one :-)

--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 15th 15, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2015-12-12 21:53, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

For a while we had this:

http://www.gunrangeinfo.com/archived-site/

The bright green line is the trail I use a lot. It made riding more
sizzling. *POOF* ... phhseeeooo ... POCK. Didn't last long. Certain
things happened that made them have a rather sudden change of heart and
they took out the outdoor gun range. We all wrote letters to our
congress reps and maybe that helped as well. The whole idea was daft to
begin with.

But in my case it was not a bullet. It's weird, a nice round hole in a
nylon bicycle trunk bag.

Old December 15th 15, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

You have an astounding imagination.

And, a very active one :-)

The production crew of the _Mission Impossible_ movie series is looking
for screenplay writers.

But if Joerg applies, he'll have to make his contributions more
realistic. ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 15th 15, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

You have an astounding imagination.

And, a very active one :-)

The production crew of the _Mission Impossible_ movie series is looking
for screenplay writers.

But if Joerg applies, he'll have to make his contributions more
realistic. ;-)

Ever seen flying rocks in a _Mission Impossible_ movie? Me neither.

--
JS

Old December 15th 15, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

wrote:

You have an astounding imagination.

And, a very active one :-)

The production crew of the _Mission Impossible_ movie series is looking
for screenplay writers.

But if Joerg applies, he'll have to make his contributions more
realistic. ;-)

Ever seen flying rocks in a _Mission Impossible_ movie? Me neither.

One of them took a substantial chunk out of the BB area of my friend's
Specialized Enduro. I've seen it happen, he was riding in front of me.