Campy Ergo body differences

Old July 8th 05, 02:36 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Campy Ergo body differences

My hackjob at gluing the broken part of a Record Ergo shifter body (the
whole plastic chassis) back together failed again recently. I need to order
a new body, but I'm not sure what model year it is. I know it's 2002 or
later, but in the Quality catalog, there are different model numbers for
different years, even after 2002.

I'm guessing that the later model years say different things on them like
carbon this or 10-speed that, but I'm also guessing that they aren't
functionally any different. Is this true? Basically I need to know if
ordering the cheaper, older shifter body would be a problem.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old July 8th 05, 02:19 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
My hackjob at gluing the broken part of a Record Ergo shifter body (the
whole plastic chassis) back together failed again recently. I need to order
a new body, but I'm not sure what model year it is. I know it's 2002 or
later, but in the Quality catalog, there are different model numbers for
different years, even after 2002.

I'm guessing that the later model years say different things on them like
carbon this or 10-speed that, but I'm also guessing that they aren't
functionally any different. Is this true? Basically I need to know if
ordering the cheaper, older shifter body would be a problem.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Yes, get any Record or Chorus body from 1999 to today. Just graphics
changed, all have the same innard, cart bearing size, etc.

Old July 8th 05, 03:03 PM

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
My hackjob at gluing the broken part of a Record Ergo shifter body (the
whole plastic chassis) back together failed again recently. I need to order
a new body, but I'm not sure what model year it is. I know it's 2002 or
later, but in the Quality catalog, there are different model numbers for
different years, even after 2002.

Good luck ordering your Ergo body through QBP. I tried that back in
May. After a month my local bike shop said my Centaur body was still
on back order and they had no idea when or if it would ever come. So I
canceled my order. Called up Branford and ordered the part on a Monday
evening. It was sitting at my doorstep at Noon on Thursday.