Saddle back...

Old November 25th 13, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Saddle back...

I'm back to the bike for maybe a try at the lower CDL come spring.

My road bike quads and riding profile are burning out from nit enough top tube length on the Redline CDL cyclocrosser.

I have a 4 screw Ritchie seatpost tube with Spec saddle but but but could use another 5-10mm BACK.

'like' I'm not rolling thru pedal motion but but but using too much push down too early in the stroke.

and saddle's nose in then too far up into my thighs. First try at dropping the nose ignored Sheldon's advice. My pudendum separated: painful.

is there a longer saddle mount or a custom weldup fix.....garenteed not to fail in El Cienga ?
Old November 25th 13, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Monday, November 25, 2013 6:02:17 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I'm back to the bike for maybe a try at the lower CDL come spring.

My road bike quads and riding profile are burning out from nit enough top tube length on the Redline CDL cyclocrosser.

I have a 4 screw Ritchie seatpost tube with Spec saddle but but but could use another 5-10mm BACK.

'like' I'm not rolling thru pedal motion but but but using too much push down too early in the stroke.

and saddle's nose in then too far up into my thighs. First try at dropping the nose ignored Sheldon's advice. My pudendum separated: painful.

is there a longer saddle mount or a custom weldup fix.....garenteed not to fail in El Cienga ?

Are you saying you want a post with more set-back? http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Setback...d_sim_sbs_sg_1

There are many on the market.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 26th 13, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

SET-BACK...

I have the driver's off muh truck for repair so searching for correct terminology was set back aways.

What posts are maex back ?

The Ritche was....I'll measure tomorrow..\

I'm off aerobic exercise doing leg lifts and stretches. The quads are undone with lunges for down mtn hiking.

So when I needed to haul beans back from Wal, the quads would fade in and out.

Stress from not rolling over the barrel pedaling was the peak between in and out.

UGH. Makes me fear former conditioing is unreachable...I'm 68 first day of winter

with a few more mm SET-BACK, looks poss to get back for hill power, move up stumpimg, drop the nose INCREMENTALLY as per Sheldon.

I was preparing for AM to stop by with a magic potion.