More automotive+cyclist silliness in Ontario

Old July 21st 17, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default More automotive+cyclist silliness in Ontario

Yikes: http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.
--
Andrew Chaplin
Old July 22nd 17, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 22nd 17, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

My theory is that Canadians are nicer on average because we're spread out
more thinly. With a quarter of a square kilometre for every person, there
aren't as many people in your face, so it's easier to be friendly.

Old July 22nd 17, 09:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jon B. Slocomb

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:06:32 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

And they all speak French too :-)
--
Cheers,

John b

Old July 22nd 17, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

And they all speak French too :-)

I may have mentioned this, but: On a road trip in Canada a few years
ago, we passed through New Brunswick. (It's a good place to, um, pass
through.) Their road signs were bilingual, in English and French.

Then we went into Nova Scotia, and especially Cape Breton, our intended
destination. Their road signs were in English and Gaelic.

On the way home we went through Quebec. Their signs were in French.
ONLY in French!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 22nd 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 11:54:29 PM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

My theory is that Canadians are nicer on average because we're spread out
more thinly. With a quarter of a square kilometre for every person, there
aren't as many people in your face, so it's easier to be friendly.

Bigger than the U.S., with 10% of the population, and it is highly concentrated near the U.S. Border. Lots of areas with no roads. Even between major routes only major roads connect between them, incomplete side road network.
Old July 23rd 17, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jon B. Slocomb

wrote:

On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

And they all speak French too :-)

I may have mentioned this, but: On a road trip in Canada a few years
ago, we passed through New Brunswick. (It's a good place to, um, pass
through.) Their road signs were bilingual, in English and French.

Then we went into Nova Scotia, and especially Cape Breton, our intended
destination. Their road signs were in English and Gaelic.

On the way home we went through Quebec. Their signs were in French.
ONLY in French!

Years ago I played golf with a gentleman from the Canadian embassy (in
Bangkok) who spoke with a very definite French accent who told me that
in, at least some of, Canadian government services you were required
to be bi-lingual.

Of course, I also knew a fellow from Louisiana who talked with a
definite French accent. Said he never spoke English until he went to
school :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old July 23rd 17, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jon B. Slocomb

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 14:44:59 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 11:54:29 PM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM,
wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

My theory is that Canadians are nicer on average because we're spread out
more thinly. With a quarter of a square kilometre for every person, there
aren't as many people in your face, so it's easier to be friendly.

Bigger than the U.S., with 10% of the population, and it is highly concentrated near the U.S. Border. Lots of areas with no roads. Even between major routes only major roads connect between them, incomplete side road network.

On the other hand y'all used to put bombs in people's mailboxes :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old July 24th 17, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 22/07/2017 5:44 PM, wrote:
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 11:54:29 PM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM,
wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

My theory is that Canadians are nicer on average because we're spread out
more thinly. With a quarter of a square kilometre for every person, there
aren't as many people in your face, so it's easier to be friendly.

Bigger than the U.S., with 10% of the population, and it is highly concentrated near the U.S. Border. Lots of areas with no roads. Even between major routes only major roads connect between them, incomplete side road network.

I think lots of rednecks. Even if they speak french. There are areas
in Quebec where they don't like cyclists. We were in a stretch
yesterday hitting a headwind. We were on a two lane road and there is a
2-way bike path on the other side of the street. But we were doing
30-35km/h and the limit on the path is 20k/h. It was filled with kids
and families.

Several idiots in wide ass pickups buzzed us yelling at us to get off
the road. They were ****ed because they have to give us 1 1/2 meters
and couldn't without waiting for the oncoming lane to clear enough for
them to move over. We have the right to take the road in Quebec but a
lot of these drivers don't bother with things like traffic codes.
Old July 24th 17, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

wrote:

On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

And they all speak French too :-)

I may have mentioned this, but: On a road trip in Canada a few years
ago, we passed through New Brunswick. (It's a good place to, um, pass
through.) Their road signs were bilingual, in English and French.

Then we went into Nova Scotia, and especially Cape Breton, our intended
destination. Their road signs were in English and Gaelic.

On the way home we went through Quebec. Their signs were in French.
ONLY in French!

In Toronto, the red LED walk-don't-walk figure is not asexual. He has broad shoulders. He's just a vertical bar with a circle above him in the US.

anyone from Ontario going to RTL? Jeff Groves Unicycling 4 February 20th 08 08:50 PM
Windsor Ontario to Hamilton Ontario area CP Rides 5 January 25th 07 01:36 PM
More USADA silliness Scott Racing 12 December 14th 06 02:25 AM
Back off,Lance....Stop this silliness right now!! [email protected] Racing 0 September 23rd 06 05:47 PM
TTT rules silliness Dan Connelly Racing 15 July 8th 04 12:08 AM