replacing cage spring in Campy Racing Triple?

Old July 8th 05, 03:45 PM
res09c5t

Default replacing cage spring in Campy Racing Triple?

Hi,
I had a problem with a Campy Racing Triple rear derailleur. There was no
tension from the spring on the cage that picks up the slack in the chain so
I had a lot of skip.

I replaced it with a Daytona that I had on hand but thought I would look at
it. I opened it (removed cage from body) expecting a broken spring but it
wasn't. I'm guessing the end of the spring had popped out of the hole that
it fits into somehow. I reassembled it and it has a lot less spring tension
than the Daytona does.

Any suggestions? Does the spring need to be wound up a turn or so to put
more tension on it? Are replacement springs available? Any idea why it
would come loose? I didn't notice any looseness in the bolt that holds the
cage to the body when I took it apart.

Thanks!
Lyle