Clear Channel

Old October 7th 03, 05:12 PM
Steven Goodridge

Default Clear Channel

Burr wrote in message ...
Any body heard any more about this mess???
Any body getting any replies this time?

I've been in frequent communication with the local (WDCG) station
manager because the station selected me for communication with the
local cycling community. However, few other people are getting any
response, because the station management is getting so many emails and
so many voice mails that they cannot possibly read or pay attention to
them all. Last I heard, their email accounts and voice mail systems
have become practically useless for the time being.

I suggest that if you want serious attention to an inquiry or comment,
you should send a professional-looking and polite postal mail letter
to the station or Clear Channel management. This is more likely to get
read and get attention, because it is clearer that the writer is a
real person and not a virtual identity on the Internet. Also, it
doesn't create a denial-of-service effect on their electronic
communications system (which if that is the intent of mass emailings,
is probably illegal.)

Steve Goodridge
http://www.humantransport.org/bicycledriving/wdcg.htm
Old October 8th 03, 04:32 AM
Burr

Steven,
I was not trying to jam their email account or spam or jam
their VM.
The first time I wrote about the first two deals I did get
nice replies back that I posted here. This time I have not
heard a work and YES I also filed a complaint with the FCC,
wrote the local LA Times and the WSJ asking for their help
and I think I got some and I am going after the WSJ again, I
have paid my money for years and I hope they will help.
Your post makes it sound like we are wrong to complain, that
we are the bad ones!! If I had my way they would be shut
down for six months this time and for ever the next time and
I hope it does hurt their stock.
I had a guy jam me to the edge of the road Sunday while I was
riding, he missed my handle bars by a foot and was going
maybe 40 mph or better.
The local police here in California do a good job of "trying"
to help cyclist if they see someone messing with us but they
don't see much.

Burr

Old October 8th 03, 05:45 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Burr writes:
Your post makes it sound like we are wrong to complain, that
we are the bad ones!!

Really? I just "got" that mass electronic communications tend to
backlog and are readily deletable, and therefore can get missed;
traditional post can circumvent those problems, and perhaps better
ensure that your complaints get noticed.

In other words, I think Steven was trying to help folks to get
their message[s] across.

The price of a postage stamp is no great strain.

And if the Truth may be invoked, email *is* eminently more
ignorable than snail mail.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 11th 03, 04:41 PM
Jym Dyer

=v= I'm on a bunch of Critical Mass email lists and I see this
popping up here and there, all over the U.S. I think there are
three dynamics at work he

(1) Drive-time radio basically tries to pander to its
presumed audience, motorists who don't care about
anything but getting somewhere fast. This stuff is
in the same vein as the mindless drive-time blowhard
rants about emissions controls, gas prices, tolls,
and highway construction.

(2) Ratings-seeking "shock jocks" whose idea of cutting-
edge humor is attacking women and minorities, seeing
bicyclists as yet another "other" to say moronic
things about.

(3) ClearChannel works to make the airwaves homogenous.
If their idiot deejays screw up in one market, they
can just move to another locale. As some of this is
programmed centrally, they may not even need to move.

_Jym_