Competitive Cyclist B.S.

Old September 23rd 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
LawBoy01

Default Competitive Cyclist B.S.

The world is coming to an end. Conventionally laced 32h tubular
wheels with box section rims are now selling for $1,275.00 on
Competitive Cyclist's website:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/ro...brosioWheel s.

According to Competitive Cyclist, the price of these wheels is so high
because "Ambrosio was only interested in selling us 60 rims." Well,
Competitive Cyclist could have bought the rims online from Ital-Techno
and, in turn, pass the savings on to its customers:
http://www.ital-tecno.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=34.

Instead, Competitive Cyclist, the retailer know for its puffery,
decided that consumers are stupid.

Years ago I blasted them for saying that Colnago C-50s were
"indestructible." I've seen many busted C-50s since.
Old September 23rd 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

Competitive Cyclist's website:http://www.competitivecyclist.com/ro...mponents/2009-....

According to Competitive Cyclist, the price of these wheels is so high
because "Ambrosio was only interested in selling us 60 rims." *Well,
Competitive Cyclist could have bought the rims online from Ital-Techno
and, in turn, pass the savings on to its customers:http://www.ital-tecno.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=34.

Instead, Competitive Cyclist, the retailer know for its puffery,
decided that consumers are stupid.

Years ago I blasted them for saying that Colnago C-50s were
"indestructible." *I've seen many busted C-50s since.

I have a pair of these on my '98 MXL, sporting tubies from some joint
in Madison, WI. That price is, indeed, outré. I scored my rims (a long
time ago) from Marinoni with a simple phone call. They are exquisite,
but don't kid yourselves; they score like any other rim.
Old September 23rd 09, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
LawBoy01

On Sep 22, 10:48*pm, semi-ambivalent wrote:
[...]

I hear ya, but man, the b.s. and puffery! Old guys sneer at Zipp
wheels, and young guys are supposed to sneer at "conventional" wheels.