Ed Dolan & Melanie

Old March 17th 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Ed Dolan & Music

On 3/16/2011 10:05 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�n� " wrote in
message ...
[...]
I found BWV 232 [1] to be strange at first hearing, but have come to agree
with Hans Georg N�geli that it is the greatest work of all peoples and all
times.

[1]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsdL12wBro&feature=BF&list=PL9E5C81A8BF66 A11F&index=74.

No one has the patience for this kind of music anymore. It belongs in a
museum.

Yes, many have feeble and disordered minds. To those with more mental
capacity, Bach is revelatory.

One can listen to a composition by Bach hundreds of times, and learn
something new each time.

As Dimitri Shostakovitch said, "Not all composers believe in God, but
all believe in Bach".

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old March 17th 11, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default OT - Yakhont and Moskit

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

Old March 17th 11, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/16/2011 8:36 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Andre wrote in message
[...]

For God's sake, Ed, when I saw a mystically beautiful second violinist

in an otherwise dull orchestral evening, I went around to the green
room and asked her if she wanted a ride in my Jensen to dinner at a
restaurant I financed, where otherwise the waiting list for a table
was three years. We danced the night away, and some more nights, but
she turned out to be stupid, as many musicians are, and eventually the
mystical beauty was revealed as vapidity, and the stupid monomania
irritated, and I traded her in for a girl whose mother I approved of.
(Only stupid young men take out women with bitchy mothers. Like
mother, like daughter.)

That is often the case with artists. While you were out ****ing around
she
was practicing her violin and gaining in musical knowledge. It is the
same
with ballerinas which is why Fonteyn ended up married to a supreme jerk
almost on your level. Nureyev also did not know his ass from a hole in
the
ground, but could you do anything remotely on the level of these artists.
Of
course not. You are a self admitted ****er. Hey, even that takes up a lot
of
time and effort I suspect.

Scroll down to "People" for a laugh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bandon%2C_County_Cork&diff=prev&ol did=165003918.

Ireland was always a place that everyone wanted to flee from. Why anyone
would go there to settle is a mystery for sure. If Andre Jute spent some
time in Argentina as a youth, he should have stayed there. Even a
disreputable Latin American nation is far superior to poor old shoddy
Ireland.

From Wikipedia:

"Andre Jute, The noted self-publicist, vacuum tube hi-fi designer, liar,
poseur, charlatan, cyclist, music collector and critic, author, economist,
psychologist, soldier and advisor to statesmen worldwide has made his home
in the vicinity for many years."

About Bandon, also from Wikipedia:

"Low brow culture has always flourished in Bandon as well evidenced by the
towns many taciturn bars, tasteless public sculptures and manifold
tracksuit/sports jersey-clad population. "Bating heads" (Bate: Bandonian
phonetic pronunciation for the word "Beat") has ever been a popular pastime
in Bandon. The visitor would be well advised to keep his / her nose clean in
Bandon's bars lest many of its contemporary "nouveux-neandertals"
precipitate serious aggravated assault upon their person [usually on account
of trivial or imagined slights]. Such 'theatrical sounding' persons and
their menace are assuredly quite real in Bandon and they account for a
significant minority of the towns populous. Some of their popular mantras
include "I'll bate your head" (Bate: Bandonian phonetic pronunciation for
the word "Beat"); "I'll claim ya" (I will beat you in a fight) and "I'll hit
ya a baux" (I will box you) to mention but a few. These misguided souls
provide Bandon with it's very distinctive menacing undertone which can be
felt most acutely around the town on any dry night but especially at
weekends [dry because inclement weather often keeps the 'missing links'
indoors]. Boy Racers too are common along with their tacky modifications to
cheap cars: interior / exterior UV lights, garish alloy wheels / paint jobs
and noisy exhausts are the order of the day. Accessorised by tracksuits and
partners with hoopy earrings, these people are usually so burdened with car
modification debts that they're only recourse is to sit in their cars and do
nothing. One can only imagine what kind of thought processes occur in the
impenetrable depths where the light cannot shine. Sales of such gutter press
publications as "Nuts" magazine are brisk in Bandon town; popularised for
their potent mix of car accessories and crass nudity. The need to appear to
be tough or "hard" in Bandon is common, [if not quite all pervasive].
Littering, mindless vandalism, engaging in threatening behaviour and the
throwing of detritus into the Bandon river are usually seen as the most
effective ways to engender such repute among the towns general populous. To
sample this culture first hand all one need do is to go to Dalys mobile fish
and chip shops after pub closing time at weekends where one may observe all
of the above over the course of an hour or perhaps even simultaneously. High
Brow culture by comparison has traditionally been fearful of raising its
head [for fear its head would be "bate off"]. None the less, recent years
have seen the opening of some gourmet restaurants and cafes and no less than
two art galleries. These signs might be the first tacit indications of a sea
change away from the mindlessness aggression that has for so long described
the towns' character. Such initiatives are making their presence felt with
some trepidation. None the less, the vacuous pursuits of sports continue to
predominate the towns psyche and most of the locals are still far more
preoccupied with thirty people running around a field kicking a ball than
anything of any cultural or intellectual significance: Do not look among the
denizens of Bandon's GAA, Rugby or Golf aficionados for the artisan, the
poet, the musician or artist. You will only find the culturally stunted.
Local Myth has it that when the president of the GAA was once recommended to
read a philosophical work of Immanuel Kants in Bandon's book shop that he
was said to have asked "and what is the plot?"

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 17th 11, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default the holy spirit

wrote:
On Mar 16, 7:16 am, " wrote:
On Mar 16, 1:08 am, Chalo wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited love
is worth anything.
Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related
Again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXpvv...eature=related
Let me ask you, do you go to your grave any more unrequited than I do?
Until I saw the videos, I thought you were referring to this
Melanie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOExGVgQzRg
I think she might be a good counterpart for you, Ed.
Chalo

More truly civilized music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8vs...eature=related

Here is one of the few times when the holy spirit entered to human
souls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaCZ...eature=related

I expected Robert Johnson.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 17th 11, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default OT - Naval Ordinance

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

Obsolete but still impressive:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr_cropped.jpg,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg.

Old March 17th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/16/2011 10:31 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
wrote:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Johnson_%28composer%29.

Old March 17th 11, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Mar 17, 1:36 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message

[...]

For God's sake, Ed, when I saw a mystically beautiful second violinist

in an otherwise dull orchestral evening, I went around to the green
room and asked her if she wanted a ride in my Jensen to dinner at a
restaurant I financed, where otherwise the waiting list for a table
was three years. We danced the night away, and some more nights, but
she turned out to be stupid, as many musicians are, and eventually the
mystical beauty was revealed as vapidity, and the stupid monomania
irritated, and I traded her in for a girl whose mother I approved of.
(Only stupid young men take out women with bitchy mothers. Like
mother, like daughter.)

That is often the case with artists. While you were out ****ing around she
was practicing her violin and gaining in musical knowledge. It is the same
with ballerinas which is why Fonteyn ended up married to a supreme jerk
almost on your level. Nureyev also did did know his ass from a hole in the
ground, but could you do anything remotely on the level of these artists.

Er, Eddie, it may have escaped you, but I'm not a dancer. In fact,

considering how you foulmouth me next, I have too much gear to be a
ballerina.

You are not any kind of artist either, so why bother with a female violinist
in an orchestra?

Of
course not. You are a self admitted ****er.

I admit to no such thing. Read what I said -- "We danced the night

away."

I cannot imagine you courting anyone without having ****ing in mind.

Hey, even that takes up a lot of
time and effort I suspect.

True, but irrelevant.

So you married and lived happily ever after. Good, but you still do not know
one damn thing about music.

Old March 17th 11, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/16/2011 10:31 PM, A. Muzi wrote:

[...]
I expected Robert Johnson.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Johnson_%28composer%29.

Why?

Old March 17th 11, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/16/2011 10:44 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

Why?

The question asked by No. 6.

Old March 17th 11, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 16, 7:19*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

More truly civilized music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8vs...eature=related

This is fine, but I do not personally like the guitar as a musical
instrument. The violin is a thousand times more civilized.

Here is one of the few times when the holy spirit entered to human

souls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaCZ...eature=related

Most folks do not care for guitar music. They find it tiresome and
eventually irksome. I sometimes think only other guitarists listen to this
kind of music. In any event, it is far removed from folk music.

I liken it to jazz with its eternal meaningless meandering more than anything else.

You are either plagiarizing Adorno, or you are just as ignorant as he
was.