The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!!

Old December 15th 04, 02:03 PM
Dave Larrington

Default The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!!

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:00:08 GMT,
wrote in message :

The whole idea is wacko with a tiller for a steerer and a chainwheel
off to one side, far enough to clear the wheel for small angles.
This is an aesthetic effort, real fast HPV's are fully faired and
set world records through a timed gate.

Up to a point, Lord Copper. I have seen (even raced in) HPV events
where there are several bikes with this kind of chain layout. Even
road-usable sporting recumbents tend to have the chain dropped off the
front idler for racing. Not all HPV racing is faired, there are
classes for unfaired, faired, "sports" (which have a minimum height
restriction).

This is neither a competition bicycle
for UCI approved events nor is it a fast HPV.

Not fast? With a moderately fit "engine" It would leave me behind
without too much difficulty, and probably you as well :-)

I expect to see bikes like this on tracks at BHPC meets. I think Mr
Larrington will be along any moment now...

My Sinister Agents report that Mr. Fleming has acquired a NoCom for next
season. I hardly think he would have gone to the trouble and expense of so
doing had he not believed that it would prove significantly faster than his
RatRacer. Moreover, the poverty-afflicted Mr. Gillions is reported to be
confecting something similar in his Shedde.

--

Dave Larrington -
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/