29" Discussion thread

Old September 26th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Default 29" Discussion thread

I'd like to dedicate this thread to the 29" (Brand name makes no
difference).

Realistically what are other riders using their 29" uni for?

1) Long distance/Touring riding
2) MUNI
3) All purpose (Your one & only, first choice) uni riding

Pass along any comments you wish regarding the 29" in this thread.

Thanks

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I've just put 115mm cranks on my 29er (swapped from 125s). They are fab.
No noticeable loss of control but so fast! It's almost impossible to
ride slowly. I love them.

Not quite ready to put them on my N36, but hope to one day soon.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 10:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Municycler

Hey legtod can you post up some pics of your new 29er. Sounds good.
And I am getting a nimbus 29er in 1 week exactly. Cant wait!

--
Municycler

'My 24\" unispin.' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=hM8VJWqSMd8)

'My lil trials video.' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXZSV5RhkTQ)

ONE WHEEL FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Semach.the.monkey. Thanks, you are probably right about the saddle
height. I did notice my legs don't extend all the way.

Cathwood. I am ordering an extra set of cranks, railbar seat
adjustment. Like the idea of being able to go faster but still have
control.

Municycler. Will post creamsicle after I shrink the picture (allowed
only 800x600 resolution and less than 1 meg size)

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Here is a picture of my 20" and 29" (Creamsicle)

Notice the size comparison of my 5year old son and 29"

22627

22628

|Filename: unis_small.JPG |

legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Nice unicycles you have there.

Would you buy your son a 29er someday or will you let him ride yours.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT.

**Please vote: *'The Hazmat Poll'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458)'
Hazmats unicycle Design/Creation
competition'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho....php?t=62030)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

cathwood wrote:
I've just put 115mm cranks on my 29er (swapped from 125s). They are fab.
No noticeable loss of control but so fast! It's almost impossible to
ride slowly. I love them.

Not quite ready to put them on my N36, but hope to one day soon.

I've tried 150, 125, 115 and 100 on my 36er. I think my favourites
were the 125s; I have 115s on there at the moment but the reduction in
control results in me not actually going any faster than the 125s and
feeling less comfortable.

115 feels a bit hairy but OK. The 100s felt very hairy so I was
actually slower; I didn't really give them a fair try though.

I'm sure 115s will feel OK if I stick with them, but for my urban
riding I'm inclined to stick with the control and speed of the 125s.

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com