How should I choose?

Old June 13th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default How should I choose?

How does somebody decide which kind of unicycle to buy when they all
seem awesome?

right now I am thinking about getting either a 28in cruiser,
20freestyle, or spending some dough to fix my broken giraffe.

we need a unicycle exchange program or something. try it before you buy
it.
Kansas City doesn't seem to be a mecca for unicyclist activities.

I ramble now...

--
cmsustud19
cmsustud19's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8052

Old June 13th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well what kind of uni do you already have? That should aid in your
descision.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old June 13th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I have a 24in miyata deluxe, and a broken torker tx.

Old June 13th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh ok...Well try to decied what you use your current uni for more. If
you like to zip around alot and dont have heaps of time to practice
then the 28/29er is the way to go. If your content to just mosey along
and have lots of spare time then the freestyle is the best bet. And if
your a performer then the Giraffe is the obvious choice!

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

Old June 13th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I usually think about, if I buy a new unicycle, what will I use my old
one(s) for? Your Miyata Deluxe is fine for freestyle tricks (assuming
you're not competing at a national level or anything), so I would get a
29er before I'd get a 20" freestyle. You can't ride long distances on
your 24" (at least, not without pain), but you can do freestyle on your
24".

The giraffe is worth putting money into only if you're performing.

--
tholub

Old June 13th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think the real question is what order to buy. I like every type of
riding, but as we all know unis are pretty specific to riding style.
here are the ones I am looking at now. '28er'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=52)
'longneck nimbus' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=697)
'hookworm freestyle'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=629)

The next problem is I can't really test any of these since I have to
order them sight unseen from UDC, so I can't be sure of comfort best
crank length etc...

Old June 13th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

heres the thing that I did
1. find out the unis that you want _/
2.find out what you want in a uni x
3.find out what the unis do x (eg 29er distance)
4.make your disision based on these facts x

--
dan de man

tomtrevor wrote:
how the hell do u get fluro brown??? it would also probably look like
uve dunked the uni in a big pile of sh*t

iridemymuni wrote:
What colour ****s do you do tom ? flouro brown sh*ts? thats kinda weird

tomtrevor wrote:
y do u want to know the colour of my sh*t? like that just isn't natural
for someone to think that.

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old June 13th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

trials_uni wrote:
And if your a performer then the Giraffe is the obvious choice!

Really? I didn't think it was that obvious... tell us about how you
use a giraffe for your performances, trials_uni! Why would a performer
like yourself recommend a giraffe over anything else?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old June 13th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

it looks cool, about as cool as riding a 2" normal unicycle

--
iridemymuni

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in
practice, there is.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

How do I choose a unicycle? Ares Unicycling 11 April 28th 04 03:55 PM
WHICH of these MTBs would you choose??? Anders Mountain Biking 12 February 20th 04 02:43 AM
help me choose Mart Mountain Biking 6 February 2nd 04 11:17 AM
Which saddle should I choose? John Latter Off Road 3 January 20th 04 04:29 PM
HELP kikapu vs kona dawg, which to choose? Jonathan Techniques 25 July 31st 03 07:25 PM